Menses or Early Pregnancy?

veganjenni

Reaction score
Forgive me if I've posted in the wrong area, I'm a newbie!

I have a congenital condition called hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, so I never went through puberty or got my period until doctors intervened with hormone replacement therapy. After HRT in my 20s I was put on birth control to regulate hormones long term. A couple months ago I was taken off BC and put back on HRT because I developed osteoporosis (common with hypogonadism). I have been told that I don't ovulate on my own and would need clomid or IVF to ever get pregnant, but some people with hypogonadism may become spontaneously pregnant on HRT.

Being I don't have a normal cycle, I'm pretty unfamiliar with PMS and normal non-BC menstruation symptoms. I have not gotten my period on this round of HRT or since stopping BC. I am sexually active without any protection.

I'm feeling very odd recently. About a week ago I had pain to the lower left and really stretchy CM. Yesterday I had a few mild cramps off and on and thought I'd get my period but today no bleeding and no cramps. Two days ago I noticed a kink in my hair at the scalp, ruining my straight hair so I flat ironed it. Today it's back! But the craziest thing is my sense of smell. I have never had stinky feet ever but yesterday I thought they stank as bad as a man's but my BF didn't think so. Today I had grilled vegetables for lunch including two asparagus spears, and within minutes I could smell it on my skin - again my BF smells nothing.

Am I experiencing normal cycle symptoms, or are these more pregnancy like?

I forgot to mention the bedtime craving for burnt toast! And I'm gluten-free! Haha.

Testing is the only way you'll know for sure hun! Does sound promising though, I've had a heightened sense of smell throughout this pregnancy. GL :)

Being really sensitive of smell is one of the most obvious signs, I think. How many days did your ovulation period past? You might need to see more signs to make sure. Here's a checklist you can see...not everyone has all the symptoms. If you have most of them...congrats :D

I don't know when or if I ovulated - with my condition, I don't regularly ovulate or even get my period unless I'm on HRT or BC. Right now I'm on HRT. I have only ever knowingly ovulated once in my life after going gluten-free, and I knew because my boobs hurt and I had a sharp pain when the egg released and my doctor did an ultrasound. But my symptoms keep growing! In addition to super smell and hair changes I'm having lots of very mild cramping and slippery CM, very tired but not sleeping at night, my usually perfectly clear skin is getting small pimples, I'm having strong food cravings and aversions, and a bit of nausea and headaches.

So as I mentioned I'm on HRT by way of Estradiol daily and Progesterone 10 days each month. I last took the Progesterone a few weeks ago for the first time this HRT cycle (been on the Estradiol probably 3 months though), so I guess I'm still wondering if I'm just experiencing some weird Progesterone side effects and my uterine lining wasn't thick enough for a bleed?

Who knows. I won't be able to get away from the in-laws who are visiting until after January 9th to get a HPT! The wait might just kill me. Anyone know if it's safe to take Estradiol in the meantime? Would it hurt a potential pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->