Menstrual like pain at 30 weeks?

sekhmet2013

Reaction score
Good morning ladies. I'm 30+2 and about 30 minutes ago I was awakened from a sound sleep by a pretty severe cramp in my lower abdomen. It felt just like a strong menstrual cramp and it was difficult for me to straighten and get up. After about a minute or so it let up, and now I just have a dull ache in the same area. Baby is moving around quite a bit. I don't think it's dehydration because I aim for 2.3 liters of water a day and hit that goal yesterday.

Should I be worried? Should I head to L&D? Sorry if this is a silly question, this is my first pregnancy so I don't know what to expect. TIA.

Call you dr and see what they say... Cramping can be premature labor (esp. If it carries on), an infection or just a plain old muscle strain. Your dr should be able to ask some questions and advise on whether or not you should be seen :flower:

Good luck!

I'd call if it was severe. If it's a one time thing, it's probably just a random pregnancy ache, but severe menstrual cramps are on the "call the doctor" list. I wouldn't rush to the ER over it, though.

I'd just call, since they went away after a min or so, prob wouldnt head to L&D but def don't blow it off....

That's what my contractions felt like until I was about 4 cm dilated, I'd call since it was so severe.

Call straight away. I had the same thing last week and it turned out to be a uti with no symptoms that caused uterine contractions. I was tested in hospital and luckily enough I hadn't gone into pre term. The antibiotics didn't work and I had the same pains wed so I'm on new meds and resting lots. It may be nothing but why take the risk.

If you have anything that concerns you or you can't relax about, call them, the worse thing that can happen is they say you don't need to be seen

Let us know how you got on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->