Metallic taste in his mouth???????

Lou B

Now a mum!
Reaction score
Hi girls

Apparently I taste metallic when dh and I kiss. I've heard that pregnant women can get a metallic taste in their mouth, but wierdly I can't taste it, yet hubby can! Anyone else's OHs made similar comments? Does anyone know what causes it?

Thanks ladies :hugs: xx

Hi girls

Apparently I taste metallic when dh and I kiss. I've heard that pregnant women can get a metallic taste in their mouth, but wierdly I can't taste it, yet hubby can! Anyone else's OHs made similar comments? Does anyone know what causes it?

Thanks ladies :hugs: xx

I get it too - I describe it like the taste of blood - dont know the reasons for it though:wacko:

Hiya Hun

Havent gotta clue what causes it,hormones i should imagine,but my OH used to be able to smell it on me!! LOL
xx xx

Nobody REALLY knows but it drove me mad...this is what I read about it.

The cause for the metallic taste is unknown for many women, though many doctors believe that the taste may come from the use of prenatal vitamins. Prenatal vitamins are very metallic tasting by their very nature, so if you are not accustomed to taking vitamins, you might find that you experience a very metallic taste. Simply taking your vitamin with food or changing the time of day when you take your vitamin may solve the taste issue. Other women find that they simply need to take the vitamins for a couple of weeks and then the taste goes away for good.

Other women find that the metallic taste does not go away no matter what they do concerning their prenatal vitamins. Many doctors believe that acid reflux may be to blame for the lingering metallic taste. Your doctor may be able to provide you with medication that will relieve acid reflux, though some find that taking an antacid when experiencing the metallic taste will fix the problem straight away. If you suffer from acid reflux tell your doctor so that you can work together to get to the bottom of the reflux and metallic taste problem.

It has started to subside with me though!:wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->