metformin and cycle

kaley

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ive been on metformin for nearly 4wks and still havent had a period and was wondering if people that are on or have been on met for regulating cycle could tell me there story on how long it took to get there period when they started taking it and any success storys, ive been ttc for over a yr now and have had no periods since may this yr many thanks kaley

Hi Kaley,

I've been on metformin for seven months. I started out taking one pill a day for a week, then upping it to two a day for a week, and now I am on three pills a day everyday. It has definitely helped with making my cycle regular each month, although so pregnancy yet. Maybe you need to up your dosage? What did your doctor say? Do you have PCOS like me?

Along with my metformin I have been taking clomid occasionally to TTC. Nothing has worked so far and I am also now on cabergoline to get my prolactin hormone levels down.

I know with all the medication I have been taking metformin is the only one where I have seen some consistent results.

I wonder why your doctor didn't start you out on provera. That is what I first started taking at the beginning to get my period started again. Has your doctor mentioned this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->