Metformin success stories??

MH53ADwife

Reaction score
Just wondering if there's any of you who have conceived on metformin alone. I'm on 1500mg daily and I've been on it for a little over a month, I have PCOS but I ovulate (immature eggs) and have a normal 30 day cycle. I've heard it's possible, just not sure how possible! Thanks ladies!

I'm currently on glumetza 500mg (an extended release version of metformin) just finished my first month go for a sonogram on Thursday to see if my eggs are improving.

I was on metformin & clomid for a few months when we conceived in may but had a missed miscarriage in June.

I know this isn't much help but I hope to see some posts of success to bring some hope for us ! Good luck !!!

Yes I got pregnant on metformin. After trying over a year my doc started me on 500mg and I was supposed to work my way up to 1500mg. Once I got to 1000 it made me very sick so I went back to 500. This was for about a month. Along with this I started to exercise a little bit and went on the diabetic exchange diet. Im not diabetic but the doc noticed my insulin levels were bordering above normal and my glucose was okay. I still went to a nutritionist who got me on this diet. I took it very seriously and lost 19lbs. Prior to all this I didn't have normal cycles... Maybe every 90 days if I were lucky. I did opks and everything but was never successful. With dieting and metformin I must of got pregnant within a month and a week.

The only other thing that could have played a role is that I also got my tubes tested to see if there was blockage (SIS procedure). There was no blockage.. All my anatomy was okay.... Just pcos and irregular cycles. I'm now 33 weeks pregnant.

I truly believe that diet, exercise, and metformin did the trick. Prior to starting this, my doc mentioned that many people (who have no other known problems) often get pregnant within 3 months. I didn't believe her, but it happened!!!

Good luck! It is possible! I'll cross my fingers for you :)

Well I'm late, and I'm usually very on time. Trying to not think too much into it, don't know if I should call my doctor or not. I'm getting BFN on the test I took today. I read/heard PCOS can cause false negatives early on but I don't know.

I was getting false tests up until 5 weeks! Blood confirmed. Good luck! Try to relax and not think about it too much....I know its hard... But all that testing might drive you crazy (it made me crazy :)

Good to know! I guess I'll give it another week before I start to worry. I just usually get tell tale signs of AF on the way and I haven't gotten any. Plus I think I totally messed up the test, I was half asleep and I totally peed all over it and my hand LOL. The control line didn't even show up all the way.

AM I SEEING THINGS?!? is that en evap even though it has blue in it? this have absolutely never ever happened.

https://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/The_original_xSweetLovex/DSC_7613.jpg

rushed right over here from you LTTC post. looks good except blue dyes can be nasty, maybe try a pink dye test? GL hope this is you month! :happydance:

i had no idea about the blue tests. i showed 2 of my extremely fertile friends, they both said it was positive, and is like that cause the blue tests suck. thats what happens when you tell your husband to pick up the cheapest test he can find because you never expect a positive. i still dont know, its so beyond my comprehension that im convinced its a mistake. im gonna give it 3 days and test with something better if AF doesnt come. im now 2 days late.

PS its a lot darker in person, i took this with my DSLR and it still didnt do it justice.

That looks promising! I would suggest phoning your doctor and trying to see if you could get a blood test which is more accurate! Better to know now that you got that little blue line. Let us know!!!

FYI.... all my negatives never had a slight line. they were all 100% negatives. When I found out I was pregnant... I started out with two cheapy first responses... then bought two clearblue digitals... all positive.

FYI.... all my negatives never had a slight line. they were all 100% negatives. When I found out I was pregnant... I started out with two cheapy first responses... then bought two clearblue digitals... all positive.

hmm okay good to know. i mean ive been taking negative tests for 5 years now and this has never, ever happened. not even the faintest of faint, ever. so yea. im gonna wait 3 days, the 13th will be 5 weeks, gonna buy a more expensive test, and this time ill pick it out haha

Even though it's blue dye I really think that's a bfp!!

Eeeep! Stahhhp it everyone! Haha I can't get excited. Testing again in 2 more days.

I think it looks very very promising! OOHHH I can't wait till you test again!!

So excited for you, squeeeeee. Hope this is it! Update us asap :)

You ladies wanna know how freaked out I am? I called my doctors office to make an appointment, and the receptionist put me on hold and I freaked out and hung up. Yea...

You ladies wanna know how freaked out I am? I called my doctors office to make an appointment, and the receptionist put me on hold and I freaked out and hung up. Yea...

Aww girl! I know how tough it is! :hugs: :hugs: call back make that appointment stay neutral with your feelings and dont invest your feelings either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->