Metformin Takers?!

GoldenRatio

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I wanted to start this thread because i just started taking met and i always hav symptoms and questions about it.

I like to hear success stories of course but also want to know what kind of symptoms did you get when on met. Here are my questions?!

Basically i wanna know how your cycles were before and how it is noe with met!
Also,
1)Did you lose weight or gain weight?
2)How long it took you to conceive?
3)Did it help with acne problem? if so, how long did it take?
4)Seems like 2000mg works the best, how much are you taking now?
5)How did it effect ur libido?
6)Did you get positive opk like previous months? how about saliva ferning?
7)Can you consume alcohol while taking met?

:coffee:

Hey! I cant give much insight because I myself just started taking it aswell! I started 2 weeks ago.. I have lost 8lbs.. I am not overweight.. I am at 1500 right now and in 2 days will be at 2000mg if all is ok.. I feel kind of sick from it today unfortunatly and a cloudy head but that are the only side effects I am having. My skin has also already cleared a bit! AND I had my shortest cycle in a YEAR! 32 days!! Hopefully it gets us a BFP! good luck!

Hey! I cant give much insight because I myself just started taking it aswell! I started 2 weeks ago.. I have lost 8lbs.. I am not overweight.. I am at 1500 right now and in 2 days will be at 2000mg if all is ok.. I feel kind of sick from it today unfortunatly and a cloudy head but that are the only side effects I am having. My skin has also already cleared a bit! AND I had my shortest cycle in a YEAR! 32 days!! Hopefully it gets us a BFP! good luck!

U lost 8pounds in 2 weeks? thats great! i didnt lose that much and my acne looks the same. Im wondering if i should go to 2000 without asking my doc.

Ive seen people change their doses by themselves in a lot of forums...my doctor wants me to get to 2000 and said that if I had too many side effects go back to 1500 and try again the next week. A family member of mine also takes 2000mg for PCOS.

does it matter when u change the dosage? Should i wait for Cd1?

I asked that exact question to my doctor and he said no... I started taking my metformin the middle of a cycle.. ive had AF now an have been changing my dosage over these 2 weeks from 500mg to what im at now. Both doctor and pharmacist said that if when I do inscrease I have bad affects stop then start again. If you have been at 1500 for a while especially...they told me to wait 4 days between changing dosage thats it.

I started with 1500mg right away and it was cd1 the day i got them and its been 2 weeks. So i will maybe finish the cycle and start next cycle with 2000 if not pregnant.

wow they started you fast.. have you had any bad side effects? my doctor stressed starting them slowly (only for the side effects) Good luck!

Yea my doc is old school, plus my friends dad so when i asked him about side effects. He said just start with 1500 and if u get side effects, its normal, u will get over it.

First two day, i felt sick but now i got no effects. I take it right before my meals and it helps me eat less. I also started to take maltlevol 12, it has iron and b12 in it. Metformin causes iron and b12 deficiency so i suggest u take those supplements to help with side effects,

Maltlevol is canadian version of geritol. Lot of ppl call it "baby in bottle" :happydance: we shell see what comes out of my bottle lol

BTW, when did u get diagnosed with pcos?

Ive never heard of Maltlevol ! thanks ill check it out!... I was diagnosed the day before I started Metformin so just over 2 weeks ago... I had been suspecting it for quite some time.

Well at least u got pregnant before which means u can get pregnant again.

Im just scared of pcos because i have been reading online how skinny girls became obese with pcos and hair loss and acne. Seeing before and after photos! i got all scared. :cry:

Thats what they keep telling me... We have been trying for over a year now with one miscarriage at 8 weeks ..(my second miscarriage) so hopefully this works. And I know Ive been scared as well! Im not overweight but I am finding ive gained weight easier.. :/ and my skin has me feeling like a little boy going through puberty :/ Hopefully BFP is around the corner for both of us...I just wana OVULATE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->