• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Metformin with PCOS

SarahLou372

TTC #2 with PCOS
Reaction score
Hi ladies :hi:

I have PCOS, and me and my OH want to have a baby. I came off the pill in February and had my af on the 1st march, bit not had af since then and I'm currently on cycle day 85!!! So I went to see my gynaecologist at the hospital and he said to come back in six months and left me with nothing!! :growlmad:

So Latley I been gaining weight because I'm always eating as I'm always hungry, which means my gynaecologist would just send me back again as my bmi would be to high!! Which I thought was not very clever :growlmad:

Anyway yesterday I went to see another doctor at my gp surgery who is a female doctor and I think she had knowledge in the gynae area, and I told her how I was feeling and I was not happy with the choice my gynae made, I also told her how I'm putting weight on and eating.

She recommended metformin and I told her I think that would be a step forward as I have had it before in the past while I was with my pervious partner and I lost weight on it and it helped stop me feeling so hungry all the time, it also shortened my cycles to every 29-35 days or so. Then other doctor I saw at my gp surgery and my gynae refused to prescribe me metformin!! Yet yesterday I got it in 5 mins!!!

So I now have metformin again which I will be starting tomorrow morning!!! :happydance:

Have any you ladies fell pregnant just taking metformin alone?? Sorry to baffle on :blush:

Hey, I'm glad you didnt have to wait all that time with nothing to help you. I have not gotten pregnant on taken metformin alone, sorry I cant help you there. I can say however, that it has helped me ovulate every single cycle since being on it, BUT my cycles are still 3 to 4 months long. I certainly think metformin alone can be enough for some women, but not all...so I guess its a waiting game, but we are used to that right?! good luck.

I hve had pcos since I turned a teen..
it sucks..arrgh..
I was put on met 6 months ago and I m overweight. .
just discovered my BFP this morning, so hang in there.
baby dust to you.. :)

it sucks..arrgh..

Congratulations!!!!

it sucks..arrgh..

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you..but its just so scary.. at 4.5 weeks and no scan, I dont even know if its a pregnancy or sonething like corpus luteum. scared if its going to sustain also or not, given soo much hormonal imbalance :-(

it sucks..arrgh..

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you..but its just so scary.. at 4.5 weeks and no scan, I dont even know if its a pregnancy or sonething like corpus luteum. scared if its going to sustain also or not, given soo much hormonal imbalance :-(

I understand your nervousness, but please try not to think that way (easier said then done) Just try to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy and hope for the best! On the bright side, you can get pregnant!!! your already past the first hurdle. Please try not to stress too much and just enjoy.
I was pregnant a few months ago, sadly ended in miscarriage. I am not saying this to scare you, you already know the numbers im sure of how our rate of miscarriage is high. But one thing I can say, is if im lucky enough to get pregnant again...this time around im not going to stress, and im going to enjoy every minute of the pregnancy, rather then stressing and thinking of the worst. I wish you all the luck in the world and a happy and healthy 9 months!!! :hugs:

P.s, look up paleo, (im telling EVERYONE about it!) Eating healthy whole foods will help your hormones stay in balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->