Metformin

Pusskins

Reaction score
Hey all.
I would like to start this group for women who are on metformin or was on metformin and helped them conceive and share there success stories.
I feel theres a lot of women out there who are in need of reassurance and that i pray that the medication will work for them.

Let me introduce myself:

I'm Jessica, i'm 22 and my DH is 31.
I have been TTC since march 08 with no luck what so ever.
I have irregular cycles and not long had my first FS appointment where i was prescribed Metformin. Ive been on 500mg X2 daily for 3 weeks nearly (no sign of af yet).
FS suggests possible PCOS.
Looking forward now for my 2nd appointment on the 24th September.

Please feel free to send a message.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

:dust:

:hi:Hi Pusskins,

My name is Vicki, I am 28 my DH is 38 we are trying for baby number 3.

I didnt know I had PCOS until we were trying for our 2nd :baby:

We were trying for about 6 months until I went to docs.

Then they put me on Metformin and I got my :bfp: about 4 months after being on that. I think I was sooooo lucky to get pregnant quiet quickly with not to much intervention.

I hope you get your :bfp: soon :hugs:

Oh wow, that was good.
What dose was you taking when you got your :BFP:
Did you have long irregular cycles?

x

Hi,

I used to take 2x500mg daily, had to drink loads of water with them.

My cycles were all over the place sometimes 20 days sometime 60. But they did regulate to about every 30 days when I started the metformin.

Good luck,

keep me posted with your journey

:hug:

Hi Pussykins.

I am on cd 67 and I am truly fed up!!

Just started taking Agnus Castus, EPO, vit b complex and a multivit last week after reading and obsessing for ages about it!

I am 31 and OH is 36. We are TTC baby no 3. Had a blood test last year for PCOS but my gp said it came back neg and thinks its my weight that is affecting me even though I have all classic signs of PCOS.

I am going back to see her this week and ask for more tests as that was 12 months ago and things are getting worse with my cycle. If I get no joy then i'm going to change my GP!!

What is Metformin prescribed for?

Cathy xx

:hi: Kathy,

Did you not have any problems get pregnant with the first 2?? I am hoping for baby number 3 to.

Got appt at gp end of the month, don't know what will happen this time round as they already know I have PCOS.

I had lots of bloods and an internal scan before I was diagnosed.

Metformin regulates your insulin to help produce the right hormones or something along them lines anyway. I lost about 2 stone whilst taking them 2, then of course piled it all back on plus more when I was pregnant :dohh:

Good luck with number 3 :baby:

Hi I am Sarah and i am 26. I have PCOS and diabetes type 1. We were ttc from Oct 2007 and i was put on metformin 3 tablets a day in December 2008. I fell pregnant in April 09. The hospital staff and my diabetes team think that the metformin helped me to get pg.
Stay positive ladies xx

Hi,

I used to take 2x500mg daily, had to drink loads of water with them.

My cycles were all over the place sometimes 20 days sometime 60. But they did regulate to about every 30 days when I started the metformin.

Good luck,

keep me posted with your journey

Thank you.
I think i'm now getting somewhere. I've got brown spotting (sorry TMI)

Bring on the :BFP:
x

Hi I am Sarah and i am 26. I have PCOS and diabetes type 1. We were ttc from Oct 2007 and i was put on metformin 3 tablets a day in December 2008. I fell pregnant in April 09. The hospital staff and my diabetes team think that the metformin helped me to get pg.
Stay positive ladies xx

Thank you for that and congratulations :happydance:

I really hope i become pg very soon.

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Hi Pussykins.

I am on cd 67 and I am truly fed up!!

Just started taking Agnus Castus, EPO, vit b complex and a multivit last week after reading and obsessing for ages about it!

I am 31 and OH is 36. We are TTC baby no 3. Had a blood test last year for PCOS but my gp said it came back neg and thinks its my weight that is affecting me even though I have all classic signs of PCOS.

I am going back to see her this week and ask for more tests as that was 12 months ago and things are getting worse with my cycle. If I get no joy then i'm going to change my GP!!

What is Metformin prescribed for?

Cathy xx

Yeah, I would go back to see your GP as alot can change in 12 months.
What classic PCOS signs do you have?

I tried taking all the multi vits, angus cactus and EPO but they didn't agree with me. They gave me a headache and made me feel sick.

Im cd 1 today, my last cycle was 17 days but my af wasn't a normal flow.

Is that normal whilst taking metformin and going up a dose?
Is my body working at last?
x

Just thought I'd add another story of Metformin working on here.

Me and DH had been trying to conceive since May 2008, and I got put on Metformin May 2009 due to confirmed PCOS. My cycles were anywhere from 60 to 90 days without ovulation.

I started on it in May, mid cycle and had my AF show up (after confirmed ovulation!) at 40 DPO. The next cycle I ovulated on CD18 or CD20, and fell pregnant =)

So, ttc for 13 months
PCOS confirmed on 1 of my ovaries
Metformin, 1500 mg a day - 1 pill for the first week, 2 in the second and 3 from then on
Pregnant on my second cycle

Good luck to all of you ladies who are on it at the moment or will be on it soon. I really do hope you'll get the results wanted from it =)

WOW, congratulations.

I hope i get pg quick.
Im on my 2nd cycle metformin.

x

I hate to dredge up old threads.... but! I was just prescribed it today. 850mg 2xa day!

I have recently been put on Metformin. Stated out taking 1 for a week then 2 the next and 3 now. Ive been trying to concieve since September. When I came off the pill my cycles were lasting about 45 days. I went for a preconception visit and the DR did some blood work. Everything came back good. He decided to put me on Metformin. I started it in the middle of my cycle and it brought AF on! That was a good sign! After AF left I stated OPK's again. I finally got a positive one!!! Now im in my ttw!

hi,

me n my DH have been ttc for a year, im 24, he is 25.

i have been on metformin 850mg x 2 since july 09. didnt have anything like a normal cycle until this last month. had lap, dye, drilling and hysteroscopy on 18 nov, bled until 25 nov. started bleeding again 26 dec, which lasted all the way through to 25 feb, was not fun. AF arrived on 24 march, and lasted 6 days, my first proper cycle, albeit a 35 day cycle but im not complaining!

have my next appt with my consultant on 26 april and i am considering asking for clomid as had no joy with metformin.

wow! sounds like you have def been through it all! :hugs: Metformin is def not a fun medicne. specially that first month!

yeah def!

just looking 4ward to havin my first BFP. hopefully wont have 2 wait 2 long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->