Metformin

mac1979

Mommy to a Raptor
Reaction score
So, I was just diagnosed with PCOS, and my doc put me on Metformin. She said to gradually increase the amount I take every 5 days until I am taking the full amount. For those who are taking it how long did it take for the gassiness and other GI issues to calm down?

I think I increased the dose a little slower than that. No harm in going up every 1-2 weeks. I'm now on 2000 mg daily and feel fine. Been on it for a while though. Good luck! It's our miracle drug. We got pregnant in 3 months on metformin. Previously took 6 years and 4 IVFs with "unexplained" infertility. Amazing! Good luck to you!

It took me a week at half a pill a day. It took about the same amount when I increased it to a full pill.

Did either of you ladies experience hair loss when you started? My hair started coming out in clumps yesterday, never happened before.

Research cinnamon, raw honey, and apple cider vinegar as a natural alternative! Works great

I don't think I experienced that. I didn't see it listed on Epocrares as a side effect. (Very credible source, I use it in my practice all the time). Funny thing is that it lists "ovulation induction" as an adverse effect!!! ��

I googled metformin and hair loss and there are stories all over about it. I want to email my doc but it seems so silly

Meant to add this yesterday with my comment
https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/pcos-diet-vinegar.html

If it's new since starting the med no harm in asking your doc! Have you had your thyroid checked? That can also cause hair loss.

It came back at 1.04 which is in the normal range

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->