Methotrexate after ectopic

Vixmar

Very proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Hi,
I had a scan 1.11.2010 to discoved i had a ectopic, i had surgery but after they also gave me a shot of methotrexate to make sure everything was cleared away :cry:
I then discovered i cant ttc for 3 months after!
anyone have any experience with methotrexate?
xx

Hi Vixmar.
I had my ectopic in June of this year, followed by one dose of Methotrexate. Was advised by the hospital to wait 6 months before trying to conceive again. This is because the Methotrexate can still be in your system for up to 6 months, and can cause abnormalities in the fetus.
I have another 5 weeks to wait until I can try again.
Hope this helps? Good luck!
xx

6 months!! hospitak told me 3 months but ive heard diffrent from diffrent pple!! im desperate to start the ball rolling again! altho im obviously gutted i lost the only way forward is to start again, plus i went to a physic today for a reading as ive always belived that all babys have a sole and go to heaven, the phycic didnt know me or my situation and the first thing she told me what she knew of my lose of my baby boy! i have the closure i need now i know hes in heaven with his grandad!
Cheers and good luck with ttc x

My husband takes methotrexate for his arthritis and we had to wait 3 months for it to leave his system before ttc.

Its also used to treat cancer of the blood so it's pretty strong stuff!

Yeah, ive heard many different things, from waiting 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, to a year! Its terrible when all you want is to be pregnant again asap.
Im so sorry to hear of your loss, but glad that you had some sort of closure. I had a tattoo of a star on my wrist a few weeks after I lost my baby. Now when i feel overwhelmed with loss, I look at my star and it gives me strength.
I do agree with you that the only way forward is to try again, but we both know that we will never forget the baby we lost.
Good luck for the future
xx

I'm sorry to hear about your recent loss, Vixmar, and I hope you're healing well, Shelleney.
At 10 and a half weeks I suffered from an Infundibular ectopic and was given a shot of Methotrexate. From what I was told by the doctors and from what I've read you should wait 3 months before TTC after one shot of Methotrexate, but 6 months if you were given more than one shot. How many shots were you given?
My ectopic was in early July, so this is my second month TTC since then. I know from experience that the three month wait is hard, but honestly time will pass and you WILL get to try again soon. Until that time, fill your life with things that'll keep you happy and busy!
Good luck, and take good care of yourself.

Thank you for your message Anna. And im sorry for your loss.
You seem to be one of the many people who have been advised to wait 3 months. I was only given one shot of methotrexate, but still advised to wait 6 months. As you will understand, it has been the hardest 6 months ever. But i have filled it up with things i wont be able to do when im pregnant again, such as go on a foreign holiday, and get drunk. lol. As you can see by my ticker, I only have a few weeks left until we can TTC again. And, while im excited, im also terrified it will happen again.
Anyways, good luck with TTC your Forever Baby. And please let us know how you get on.
Take care :hugs:
xx

Thanks Anna, and Shelleney i bet your getting excited now! i cant wait till my ticker says the same as yours lol and hopefully by the time mine does youll have hit the jackpot!
I went to be put on the pill on monday and plan to take it till im 3weeks to go to ttc so my body gets back into the swing of things!
I think with xmas just next month itll be easier to pass time, but january will drag!
Bit low today, my sons 3rd bd and we had a party but kept thinking bout the baby ill never get to throw a party for :-( bk to work 2moz after 3 weeks off.... hope they all dont treat me with kid gloves, as i work in the theatres at our local hospital everyone know what happened.... ill paint my face on in moring and smile sweetly till they sod off and gossip bout some other bugger lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->