Mia or Meeah

mommy2be412

Reaction score
I like unique spellings, which do you like better? I know Mia means mine (I think) but what does Meeah mean?

Please go for Mia! I think it's a lovely name. Meeah looks a bit tacky and made up.

I really dislike these made up spellings and as a teacher, it influences your thoughts on a child, and their family, when you see one of these names. Mia is a lovely name.

I do like unusual spellings, but they have to look nice when written down, and I don't like the look of Meeah, personally. I think the spelling of Mia is already very pretty, so I wouldn't try to change it.

Here is a link to a site that tells you the meaning fof Mia in different cultures: https://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/mia

Meeah is an American/Australian variant of maria (Spanish) or Amira (Hebrew) and means 'star of the sea' or 'princess'

several other spelling variations of the name are taken from the name Mia

other recognized spellings from around the world include:

Mea
Meah
Meea
Meeya
Meya
Miah (latin)
Miya (japanese)
Miyah

Mia DEFINITELY!! Meeah (sorry) looks awful!

I'd say Mia but I'm biased :)

No offence meant but Meeah just looks spelled wrong. Plus it will probably just get mispronounced or spelled Mia anyway.

Like the others have said... please don't call your child Meeah, It looks as if you cannot spell

Definitely Mia. It's the better spelling plus your child won't have a lifetime of having to spell her name.

Mia is lovely, not keen on Meeah at all, i dont mean to offend but it looks silly and I think of a cat for some reason it reminds me of meow.

lots of people are so culturally small minded on here, just because something isn't the common spelling where you live doesn't make it stupid or any less of a valid name :dohh:

I love Mia. If I didn't have a niece named Lea, I'd totally use it myself.

lots of people are so culturally small minded on here, just because something isn't the common spelling where you live doesn't make it stupid or any less of a valid name :dohh:

There is a difference between an alternate spelling and spelling it different just for the sake of it though. It's not 'culturally small minded', it's considering the fact that this is a person's name. Not to be harsh towards anyone but children really should not be named as fashion statements!

My preference is Mia.

Not because I live in Canada but because I was asked to choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->