Mia or Meeah

lots of people are so culturally small minded on here, just because something isn't the common spelling where you live doesn't make it stupid or any less of a valid name :dohh:

There is a difference between an alternate spelling and spelling it different just for the sake of it though. It's not 'culturally small minded', it's considering the fact that this is a person's name. Not to be harsh towards anyone but children really should not be named as fashion statements!

refer to my earlier post it is a REAL name used though out the world for hundreds of years, debating the spelling on a name that has 10 different spellings is no more a fashion statement than naming your kid harry when there are all ready millions of other little harry's at the moment and no different to choosing to call your kid Ian or Iain :dohh:

^I know what you're saying but I disagree in this case. Hey ho! :)

I think so many people use Mia spelling that using Meeah would be awesome - it will give her her own unique spelling and I'm sure she'd get complemented on it.

Spelling variations of names are nowhere near as bad as naming your child Apple, Coco, or Sunshine IMO.

To the OP - do whatever your heart feels right. Asking people to help you name your child is not necessary because its YOU naming YOUR child.

In the long run, once baby is here and if you were to choose Meeah, I guarantee people on this thread would shove their foot in their mouth and say that it's so beautiful and different.

lots of people are so culturally small minded on here, just because something isn't the common spelling where you live doesn't make it stupid or any less of a valid name :dohh:

There is a difference between an alternate spelling and spelling it different just for the sake of it though. It's not 'culturally small minded', it's considering the fact that this is a person's name. Not to be harsh towards anyone but children really should not be named as fashion statements!

refer to my earlier post it is a REAL name used though out the world for hundreds of years, debating the spelling on a name that has 10 different spellings is no more a fashion statement than naming your kid harry when there are all ready millions of other little harry's at the moment and no different to choosing to call your kid Ian or Iain :dohh:
yes it is a real name, but the OP asked which spelling people preferred. Replying honestly that you don't like the spelling of Meeah isn't being culturally small-minded, it's just answering her question. People aren't slagging off the name Meeah, they're saying the spelling isn't as nice as Mia. Every answer so far, IMO, has answered the question. Accusing people of being culturally small-minded though is ridiculous. The question was about spelling preference

yes it is a real name, but the OP asked which spelling people preferred. Replying honestly that you don't like the spelling of Meeah isn't being culturally small-minded, it's just answering her question. People aren't slagging off the name Meeah, they're saying the spelling isn't as nice as Mia. Every answer so far, IMO, has answered the question. Accusing people of being culturally small-minded though is ridiculous. The question was about spelling preference

replying honestly to the question isnt the problem, personally I think the spelling Mia looks prettier but the issue was everyone saying its stupid to use 'made up' spellings or it just looks like you illiterate and 'cant spell' which is small minded of the fact that it IS a correct spelling of the name

Ahh okay, I agree with you there; I thought you meant people saing they didnt like the spelling Meeah was narrow-minded.

Let's relax.

A question was asked.

People answered.

People gave their reason/opinion for their answer.

People were attacked for that.

People defended.

I think op has enough information.

Lets shut this down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g