Michaels Birth Story

mayb_baby

Reaction score
Excuse any Typos using my mobile/cell phone so I have no spell check and crappy touchscreen.

OK so 7am Wednesday 22nd December 2010 I was having contractions in my lower back it was really bad so I headed into the hospital at 3pm, driving the whole 2mile an hour due to the snow LONGEST DRIVE OF MY LIFE, as the pains were shooting around my lower back.

Got to fetal assessment I was only 2cms and contractions were exactly 5 mins apart so they said they were going to keep me as he could come at any time :shrug:

Pains were sharp and strong but still in my back at 5 mins apart I was told to bounce on a birthing ball, have hot baths and walk!!!
Well 9pm the hospital said my OH and mum were to go home which had me :cry: while hard as I really didn't want to be alone.

I walked around the hospital from 9pm to 6am every 6 hours they gave me co-codomol which is crap for labour pains, So I got another bath and my OH came to see me at 12pm as he wasn't aloud to come in before.

We went to the canteen and I was still in agony every 5 mins for 1min a time it was really bad, I was checked again at 7pm on Thursday the 23rd and I was 4cm dialted and contractions were still 5mins apart but were gradually getting more painful.

10pm came and I was crying in agony as they were every 2mins they gave me gas and air at 11.00pm and I was as high as a kite until 12.30am then my waters went. It was green as my little man's bowels had moved, so was finally taken into the labour ward. We were listening to xmas music well OH was I was sucking hard on the gas and air, at 2.45am they came and put in my epidural but I was only able to get the tester, as I lay down after getting the epidural in I said to the doctor "I need to poo, I mean Im going to now!":blush:
She said to me I'll check and see where your at now so she checked and I was 10cm and he was comming, so epidural wasn't working yet as it was only a tester it was 3am and I was pushing.
I was going to tear so they cut me I had only got one stitch so it wasn't too bad
I pushed for 17mins and he was here OH couldn't cut the cord as it was around Michaels neck.
He never swallowed any meconium and he was crying we got skin to skin and he was fine.:happydance:

awwee scary about the cord wrapping around his neck
good thing he is ok. and Congrats hun!

I didn't even know about the cord until the next day xx

Congratulations........glad all was well in the end xx

Congratulations hun! :D i'm glad he eventually came and didn't stay in there forever...i was starting to wonder :haha:
what a perfect christmas present. And he shares name and birthday with my grandad (who's a cool dude) :flower:

Woooo congrats Hun :) t least you weren't pushing for 6 hours! Thankfully the moat painful bit was the shortest. :haha: And he's such a sweetie :)

Thanks I think I got it lucky compared to birth stories I read, but it was really long :(
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->