microlax - not been to the loo in a week

Parabellum

Reaction score
hey sorry if this post is TMI. I have not been for a number 2 in a week now and was told by the midwife to use some microlax, i have been trying the prune juice and fruit and fiber but does not seem to help with it. being bloated and feeling full up to my eye balls in driving me mad.

Has anyone else used microlax here and how long does it take to work?

Didn't want to read and run since I had the same issue. I'm not sure about Microlax as I have not used it, but my MW instructed me to use Magnesium Citrate. It's like a little flavored soda you drink and chase with water.
I was going on a week plus with no relief even after trying water, fiber, fruit, prune juice, stool softeners. So I KNOW the discomfort you're speaking of.
This stuff worked in 6 1/2 hours for me. No cramping either. Plus I was able to get it without a prescription for only $2.00.
I have been upping my fiber and water intake ever since to hopefully avoid having to take that measure again. But I am so glad I finally got relief.
Good Luck to you!

I work as a Physician assistant and am 7 weeks pregnant. Miralax is class C so ideally you don't want to use it in pregnancy. Milk of magnesia is class B so a safer option. Colace is another option. I see pregnant women w constipation a lot at my job. Hope this helps

My doctor's office doesn't approve MiraLAX. Instead, they say to use Citrucel or Metamucil. Check them out - it's just fiber. Just make sure you start with the lowest dose - if you drink it at night, you should be able to go when you wake up in the morning. I prefer Citrucel because it's not chunky when I drink it, and it actually tastes good. But once, I used Metamucil and used a who tsp in a cup of water, and it had me cramping and gave me diarrhea - not exactly what I was going for. lol... You can use fiber daily if you want to, and you won't have to worry about ever being constipated again. lol

I was deseparate and used micro lax last week and it works within two minutes. I think I am going to by fleet enemas which are supposed to be safer and that's what they would give u at the hospital anyway. I took fiber and milk of magnesium it didn't help at all so my doc told me to get dulcolax suppository which helped a lot but I will prob have to use it again tomorrow as I don't feel 100% better. I also have been taking colace to no avail

Ended up using the micro lax and it worked a treat, its not mira lax by the way.

Wanted to bump this thread as im suffering terribly. .. am taking ondansertron (zofran) for sickness and its blocking me right up...used microlax which is helping pass some...used a fleet enema last week which I had a serious reaction too but it worked amazingly wish I could use it again...but microlax is safe girls and works ok too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->