Micronor Contraceptive Pill - suddenly no period?

MrsPtobe

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

After my DS was born in April 2011, at our six week check the doctor put me on Micronor, and told me that I wouldn't have periods while taking them. I'd been taking them for about 8 months and had no periods (I was breast feeding at the time), but all of a sudden I started having a bleed every four weeks. I saw a doctor who told me that because I wasn't breast feeding as much I would have these bleeds every month, which I have had - up until two months ago. They've completely stopped, I haven't had a bleed since the end of March, done two pregnancy tests - both negative. I was just wondering if anybody else had had a similar thing?

Thanks in advance,

C xx

I've been on a few similar pills, including Micronor and I had on and off periods. I would have some months with no periods, sometimes I would get spotting randomly every few weeks and other times nothing for a year.

I found that the littlest thing would throw my body off and cause some bleeding, but it was very on and off.

It could be that your body has just readapted to the pill after stopping the breast feeding, but if you are worried it would be best to see your doctor

I would agree with above- if your concerned, can't hurt to get that reassurance from your doctor... I went on the mini-pill after LO was born (at 6wk checkup)- then regular loestrin pill after that... and NO periods, nada till recently-- last 2mos I've had a little bleeding (barely anything, but something) during my "period" time-- although before that, it was literally nothing. Not sure why? I also took a test- just for reassurance, and negative. So I'm assuming my body just had enough built up that month to bleed a bit? I had my pap not that long ago- so I know all is Ok there. Sometimes our bodies just do odd things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->