Microwaving Bottles

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Against the rules I know but who realistically does this?

How many seconds do you put in for?

Water then add powder after heating?

*Can't find the other thread - I know there is one*

:D

I do it. :blush:

My 6oz bottles take 22 seconds in my microwave, but less in Ryan's dad's microwave cos it's a higher wattage (or whatever it is). I tend to make it up before I microwave it, and then just shake it lots when it comes out the microwave. x

just water ..15 secs in the microwave..add powder 5 secs...shake like mad..test on arm :blush:

Mine are normally pre-made in the fridge so i put it in microwave with the lid and teat off obvs lol for 30 secs (he has 9oz) and then shake really well test lol x

i used to micro Ewans bottles, about 30 secs in then shake and leave for a little while.
as long as you test it, i cant see a problem with it. bottle warmers take far too long!

im gulity of this lol! i used to just do it for 10 secs at a time(and shake like mad lol) till i felt was fine :)

at first I did it for 10 seconds at a time until I got used to how long it took.

I make up 3-4 bottles right before bed for Colton's night time/early morning feeds. They are 4ounces but since they have been cold I normally have to do them for 40+ seconds. 40 seconds gets them to room temp, but I do 20 seconds, shake, and then 20 seconds, shake. Then I usually do 5-6 more seconds to warm it a bit and help him go back to sleep.

I normally just do him day feeds with slightly warm water instead of microwaving them. It's just easier at night because I dont want him getting into a full out scream while Jamie's sleeping (has to wake early for work) and I'm trying to make his bottle.

I microwave Bethanie's, started doing it about 6 months+ I think and still do it. How long depends on how long the milk has been in the fridge for and the amount of milk obviously, so I can't say exactly. We put her cows milk in the microwave for about 45 seconds now and she has about 160ml.. perfect milky temp. :)
We used to make the milk then heat it up, but if I were you id heat the water then add the powder. :)

By the way, im sure loads more people use microwave than they're willing to make out. All the bottle warmers leave "hot spots" like a microwave does, but im sure if you shake it and leave it to stand for a minute, it'll be fine. So convenient!

Ive had to start doing this as ive switched kyle to aptamil easy digest and its harder to disolve properly...i heat it right up in the microwave add the powder..give it a good shake and let it cool x

I been doing this from day one. I thin as long as it is left to stand then its fine.
at the mo from the fridge 6 oz takes exactly one min. I know from experience that even five seconds over can make a diference, so if i need to hat more i do it in 5sec trials.

Been doing it

akes about 30 seconds for 8oz in our microwave 40 seconds appears too hot :D x

I don't personally caz paige has her bottle's cold- won't take it warm but my friend does, 20secs for 6oz

i do it. i got one of them bottle warmer thing but it takes 5-7 mins depends the size of the bottle. when my wee boy wnt a bottle he want of bottle and does a :hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy: lol. so i just use the microwave and it onlytalkes 30 sec 4 me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->