Microwaving certain bottle types

alamaya

Reaction score
Hi all,

My little girl is a very impatient one. I have been warming her bottles in a jug of boiling water but apparently this is still too long for her. I dont mind letting her cry a little but we have noticed that if left for it to warm up too long she goes into a frenzy of crying which it takes a bloody long time to snap her out of.

Heres the question,

I have the following bottles, could you confirm if they are ok to be microwaves and also if i need to remove anything ie teats, vents

TT CTN Bottles
Asda Little Angel Bottles
Dr Browns Bottles
MAM Anti Colic Bottles.

Also roughly how long should i zap, (i store premade in the fridge)

xx

I microwaved TT CTN with no probs, not removing anything just obviously the lid
a 9oz bottle would be warm in a 800w after about 40 secs and a good good shake

sorry just realised how little your LO is so not on a 9oz bottle!! I would start in 10 second bursts

We also use the TT bottles and heat them in the microwave. TT do a microwave steriliser for them so they are definitely ok to use in one.

Fran has 7oz bottles and we heat them for 1 minute (Fran likes her milk very warm) and all I do is loosen the lid. Our microwave is supposedly 800watt but I think it is lying to me because it never seems to be the same temperature for each bottle lol.

As minichicky said start at 10/15 seconds and increase by 10 secs until it is warm enough. If you overdo it just hold it under the cold tap until it cools down to the right temperature - and don't forget to shake it well to mix in any hot-spots xx

We use MAM and I zap 4oz bottles for 30 seconds in a powerful microwave

I try to take the top off so the teats not getting nuked, but often forget!!

i use TT CTN bottles and i microwave them, my LO is the exact same she wont wait long for milk and if she does all hell breaks lose and the same as ur daughter she will go into a frenzy which is then hard to get her out of, she has 5oz and i zap them for 25 secs from fridge, but i do take tops off as microwave over time can damage the teats xx

tt ctn 4oz is warm in 40 secs in my microwave. I don't remove teats or lids but seeing the other post about the teats degrading over time, maybe i should! Jx

I use Dr Browns bottles.

LO is only on 3oz at the moment so i just blast in for 10 seconds, then take it out and swirl it and keep doing that until it's warm enough. I take the teat and the vent off when i do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->