Mid sleeper for teenager?

Sqwidge

Mum of two
Reaction score
So I want to get Josh a new bed, but was thinking of getting a mid sleeper with a desk or pull out desk as his room is quite small. But was wondering about the longevity of it.

Those with older children, would your teenager sleep in a cabin bed/mid sleeper?

I had a kind of mid sleeper from 7 until we moved house when I was 16 1\2. If we hadn't moved I would have stayed in it till I left home at 18. My step dad basically built my bed up over the big stairwell in my room to make the most of the floor space so it was as high as a mid sleeper with steps up.

I'm planning to get my son a cabin bed/mid sleeper next year when he's 5 1/2 and wouldn't expect him to have another bed in the future unless it broke or he was suddenly 6 foot as an teenager (very unlikey!)

My DD (she's 8) got a mid-sleeper a few months ago. Like the above poster said, I don't plan on buying her another bed unless it breaks. I mean it is pretty sturdy, it takes my weight fine, and it takes a full sized mattress so I see no reason to replace the frame any time in the next decade!

This is her bed

10325401_518559411604225_3407933465944535784_n.jpg

10366100_518559101604256_8945680682887941856_n.jpg

When she gets older she may want the princess castle tent taking off the bottom though I suppose.

Thanks girls. I have seen this one:
https://www.mrsflatpack.co.uk/calde...se-desk-shelving-many-colours-m2270-178-p.asp

Which is high one rather than mid. I think josh would be fine but hubby is worried about him falling out/down steps...it would solve so many problems of having to get a new wardrobe as well...

https://www.mrsflatpack.co.uk/calde...se-desk-shelving-many-colours-m2270-178-p.asp

Which is high one rather than mid. I think josh would be fine but hubby is worried about him falling out/down steps...it would solve so many problems of having to get a new wardrobe as well...

that's exactly the same one we were gonna get Alex but we ended up not for financial reasons. Looks like a good bed though, and I agree it saves getting an extra wardrobe.

My hubby had a cabin bed ( with the built in desk and drawers etc) from age 9-18 when he left home. he's not grown since being 18.... he's 6ft2 lol. i plan on getting earl a mid/cabin bed next year when we move.

I like that one. Tom's ceiling isn't high enough to get a high sleeper which is why he'll get a mid one instead.

I would think at 7 he'd be ok getting up and down the steps and he shouldn't fall out unless he falls out of his low bed a lot at the mo.

I had one with a desk under it from age 10 until I left home at 20 lol. When my boyfriend came to stay hed sometimes sleep in it with me which was a squeeze but it held our weight! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->