Middle name help?

SJDsMommy

1 prince and 1 princess<3
Reaction score
Ok, so I know this is SUPER early but I'm always one to have names picked out early on. Ever since I tested, the only names that come to mind are Liam and Cora. I don't know how my husband feels about those yet, (Kind of want full names to suggest to him).

I already have settled on a middle name for Liam (one I know he will like because he tried to give it as a first name to our first kid), but in the event the baby is a girl (which is what I am hoping for) I need a middle name for Cora!

The only things I have in mind as of yet are Cora Capri, Cora Belle and Cora Elise (not totally loving that one though). I could use more suggestions! (No j names please! I don't want people calling her CJ..) and noting too old fashioned like Faith or Grace (cute but not my style). thanks! :)

Love Cora &#128155;

Cora Lily
Cora Sofia
Cora Raine
Cora Quinn
Cora Rose
Cora Ivy

Cora Lily is cute but it seems like it should all be one name in my opinion.. Coralily.. Rose is also cute but too popular. Thanks for the suggestions though :)

While waiting for more replies I ended up googling for baby girl names (must have went to a dozen different pages).

So far my two favorites are: Cora Capri (which I already had on my list) and Cora Shaylee (which flows better when you add our last name in there too).

Then on my list also includes Cora Elise, Cora Brielle and Cora Bell

So only found two more that I liked.. Shaylee and Brielle. I Also LOVE the combination of Cora Claire but my husbands best friend's daughter is named Clair..so that would be odd.. lol

AHHH!!!

Can I just hug you? I have been obsessed with the name Cora even before I found out I was pregnant! So from personal thought and me really really searching here are the long version names I thought of for Cora, a few middle names I thought sounded cute with them and at the end the name I finally chose :)

Coraline (Wasn't for me, but maybe for you?)
Coralie
Coral
Corabelle
Coralily
Corin
Corina
Courtessa
Cortney
Chutney (just because i loved its uniqueness)
Corie

and middle names

Astrid
Audrey
Dawn
Ruby
April
June (DH was stuck on months... glad I coaxed him out of them!)
Finleigh
Dawson
Beckett

And from just an accidental name mixing one night I stumbled upon McCorleigh... (Muh - koRe - Lee) I absolutely LOVE it and it is going to be my rainbows name if she is a girl, fx'ed!, and her middle name will be Astrid.. McCorleigh Astrid Roberts :) She will be called Cora Astrid Roberts for short from day one.

I hope you at least like some of these!

Cora Brielle & Cora Shaylee are my favs from your list - very pretty!

Cora Elise also sounds nice together, but the name Elise to me is "old-fashion" and also not my style.

I think the suggestion of Coralily, nn. Cora is quite lovely!

Coralily Shay
Coralily Skye

But sticking with just Cora, here are some suggestions:

Cora Noelle
Cora Sophia
Cora Everly
Cora Mariah
Cora Lilliana
Cora Nicole
Cora Emersyn
Cora Madelyn
Cora Rayne
Cora Willow

I don't think we will have a long version of the name, just simply Cora. I'm really falling in love with it! I think with our last name, one syllable (and certain 2 syllable) names are going to flow best.

Emersyn we can't use.. Our daughter's name is Emery so that would be too close! haha As for Elise, I feel the same way. I think its pretty and flows well but it does seem a bit on the old fashioned side as well.

I think I will see what hubby thinks after we get our first ultrasound (which will probably be next month). This pregnancy wasn't planned so he's kind of in denial mode at the moment lol.

Keep the suggestions coming ladies! :D I appreciate it!

I love Cora, it's quite an old name .
I like Cora Lynne/Lyn
Cora Anne
Cora Jayne
Cora May

Generally one syllable following the Cora.

Xx

I know it was from an old book but it doesn't seem old to me lol.

I actually asked hubby about the name Cora today.. couldn't wait any longer haha. He thinks we should spell it Korra (like on the avatar show, he thinks I took the name from there and said If I got it from there we might as well spell it the same..) idk.. I like Cora better than Korra.. I guess we have a while to figure that one out.. shouldn't stress over it until we know the gender, but it sounds like Cora (however we would spell it) is a win :) hopefully he doesn't change his mind! haha

I think Cora with that spelling is lovely and classic, I'm never a fan of spelling things differently just for the sake of it.
Xz

Definitely like just Cora

Cora Leigh
Cora Cassidy
Cora Sue
Cora Leslie
Cora Sage

I am terrible at middle names, so do excuse me if they sound horrid. Just giving some options :3

Cora Leigh
Cora Cassidy
Cora Sue
Cora Leslie
Cora Sage

I am terrible at middle names, so do excuse me if they sound horrid. Just giving some options :3

I do love how Cora Sage sounds, but I'm really torn because I've always thought of Sage as a boy name.. :shrug:

Really? I guess it's unisex. When I was little I had a friend named Sage and she was all girl :p that's the only reason I thought of it.

Cora Leigh
Cora Cassidy
Cora Sue
Cora Leslie
Cora Sage

I do love how Cora Sage sounds, but I'm really torn because I've always thought of Sage as a boy name.. :shrug:

I love the name Sage - I love it for a boy (bc I prefer super girly names for girls). However, EVERYONE else seems to think of it as primarily a girl's name. So I would probably never use it for a boy. I've actually only seen it used on girls.

Cora Sage is quite lovely!

Yay! Go me!! I usually don't pick names people like :3 I thought it was adorable though

Yeah, even though I do think of it as more masculine I know pleanty of people think of it as girly.. though most of the time for girls I see it spelled Saige.

It does sound pretty though and I must admit it is growing on me haha. I think I have enough names for a short suggestion list for hubby later on :) Hopefully I won't be back needing more LOL I'm finding its not easy to find names that flow well with Cora that aren't too old fashioned for my liking or already somehow in the family haha.

In no special order this is my short list

Cora Brielle
Cora Capri
Cora Belle
Cora Shaylee
Cora Sage

Hopefully the hubby will like one of those!

I like it spelled saige! Cora belle is my fave out of that list. They're all very pretty <3

I'm only about 4-5 weeks along right now so still have a ways to go until we know what we are having (I'll be getting a private gender scan between 15 and 16 weeks as I did with my other 2) If we do have another girl, I'll have to remember to come back and let you all know what we chose! :)

Yay!!! I decided on a first girl name before we even conceived so I understand the early planning :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->