Middle name ideas

Enasy

TTC #3
Reaction score
Hiya guys, im 21 weeks and my mind is drifting to thinking of names :)
right from the beginning we liked the name Jack for a boy and when we had our 20 week scan we found out we are expecting a boy! :happydance: so the name has stuck.

Neither my partner or I have middle names and would really like our son to have one but have no idea what lol we don't want to have our fathers names incase one or the other gets offended for not being picked they would have been David or Stephen. My sister's son already has my grandfathers name as his middle name, Charles.

We recently lost our 13 year old dog, Ben :( and had toyed with the idea of using the name Benjamin as a middle name. But is it wrong to name a baby after a pet????

Our last name is Foster so have been trying to stay away from names that end in "er"

Jack is one of my first choices for a boy, I really struggle with boys names. We used my husbands mums middle name, Mary for our daughters middle name so wanted to use a name from my side of the family for this one. My dads middle name is John, and first name Andrew, both of those are possibilities. I quite like John, then he would be JJ which i like lol. I think middle names that mean something are nice and don't see anything wrong with using a pet, they're always part of the family too and hold a special place in our hearts.

I think Jack Benjamin is lovely and don't see any problem with naming baby after a pet, after all it is a human name as opposed to a typical dog name...it's not like your asking if you should go with Jack Rover or something :) x

I like Jack Benjamin. Sounds good with your last name too. :)

I agree with the other ladies, I think Jack Benjamin is lovely:flower:
I don't think it's wrong to name a baby after a pet, they're like furry children anyway imo:D

Congratulations on your pregnancy Enasy and other mums-to-be! What a lovely way to make sure your dog Ben is always part of your li'l ones life. God bless you all with a healthy n happy 9 months.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

My son will not be named after a pet per se, but the name we have picked for him has a nickname that is the same as the name of a cat I once had. I thought it was weird at first but now it doesn't bother me.

Thank you for all your replies ladies :) We had Ben for a very long time (13years) he sadly died of multiple cancers a week ago. OH and I were so upset that baby would never get to meet him, he truly was a gentleman amongst dogs and made us very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->