Midline Gestational Sac - Have you heard of it?

Myshelsong

LTTTC Success Story
Reaction score
Hi - So I got an urgent call from my ob requesting an additional ultrasound and appointment as my dating scan done two days ago showed a midline Gestational sac.
I really have no idea what this means. I know it isn't normal as they normally lie to one side or the other.
Just wondering if anyone hasn't heard of this or had anyone that experienced it.
I am 10w today.

Only thing I have found is midline separatio/septation in sac which could indicate twins and instances I saw the posts on were where there was obvious fetal pole hb on one side and nothing on otherside...maybe that's what they meant ? And they want to check see if 2 hbs?

Myshel, let us know what they said and fingers crossed all is well. Never heard of a midline gestational sac.

Google search gave this about GS septations

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...tations-gestational-sac-small-size-twins.html

But I don't know if this is what you have

No it isn't that there is a separation, it is the placement of the sac is in the middle of my uterus instead of resting on a side. It is so weird there is literally nothing on the internet on it and I went deep lol

What do you mean in the middle? Please update us and let us know. I hope it's not a huge deal.

I couldnt find much either. I did read it d be a pseudo sac if a sac is seen in the middle, but clearly this far along this isnt the case for you as youve seen baby. How confusing. Hope you get answers and reassurance soon

Update - the nurse pretty much read almost everything wrong and except from the fibroid everything looks mostly normal. Yay

Fantastic news! Sorry you had unnecessary worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->