Midwife actually asked ME if I wanted a homebirth!

xsadiex

Reaction score
Saw my midwife today and she was like 'Have you thought about a homebirth then' I was so suprised and I was like 'yes definitely'
she said I seemed the type, I wasn't offended as she said how much she loves homebirths.
I am so glad she totally supports it :thumbup:

As long as it wasn't followed by I'm not the Mw for you. Lol.

Awesome! It's great to find support.

I was stunned when a GP suggested it to me last time round!! Couldn't believe it. There are pro homebirth HCPs out there! :)

Yeah it's great, I feel really relaxed about it now I know my midwife loves them! Yayy.

I was stunned when a GP suggested it to me last time round!! Couldn't believe it. There are pro homebirth HCPs out there! :)

My husband is an Osteopath and he and several colleagues feel like its the best thing possible for low risk pregnancies. Interventions should only be used when their is a real need for them, not to simplify and speed things up.

Sweet! :D

Do we seem to be getting through to the NHS???!? Whatever will happen next?!?! :D

That's excellent although not unusual in some parts up here. My MW suggested home birth to me too :)

My MW suggested it to me also! x

Well I had my booking in appointment today and got a blank stare followed by hard sell of the MLU at the hospital. Lucky people whose MWs suggested it, I can tell that although nice, mine this time is a bit 'old school' *rolls eyes*

That's lucky! Mine refused to discuss it at my booking appointment and says they don't discuss birthing options til later on. She discussed much with me to be honest just seems to do BP and fundal height.

x

My MW suggested a homebirth to me too! I'm so glad she did as it wasn't something I had thought too much about at the time.

Now I'm so excited and really hope it all works out. A homebirth would be perfect for us :)

My mw asked me if i wanted a homebirth I was like yup, although im not sure if i will fit a birth pool in my house..hmmm so if the birth pool at the hospital was free i may go in.. since i just want a water birth dont care where lol

I was asked too :) I think they're generally heading in the proHB route for those who have nice healthy pregnancies :)! Hooray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->