Midwife appointment didn't go as expected...Update: neither did ultrasound!!!

They said they could try to flip him next week, but given how far along I am, his size, and the footling thing, it's very unlikely he will flip. And I guess that there are some increased risks if they wait too long and I go into labour with a footling breech (head entrapment or cord prolapse if we attempt a vaginal delivery, I think...and not many doctors experienced/comfortable with that) so I would probably end up with an emergency c-section anyway. I sort of feel like a scheduled one is better than waiting and almost definitely ending up with an emergency one anyway. If he was just breech, it would be worth trying out, but I guess the feet down thing makes it very unlikely they would want to attempt a vaginal delivery. They did say that if my little gymnast does happen to turn on his own when I go in for the scheduled section, they'll just send me home and let me go into labour naturally.

Lol, they also told me that if my water happens to break (and it'll be a gush since there's no head down there to stop it, so I'll know) before I can get in next week, I have to immediately lay down on my side so his foot doesn't come out of my crotch, since dilation wouldn't really need to happen for a little foot to get out! Eep, scary!!!

I hope he flips on his own. A planned section is definitely better than emergency.

At least you know what to do in that situation. I don't know anything about footling breech, don't give up hope that he won't turn because of size. That never stopped my ds.
Xx

Aw no, that really isn't what you were expecting. I wonder if the unusual position was what was throwing your fundal height off? I guess the positive side of being sent for the ultrasound is that at least you know what's going on instead of being surprised by it during labour. I hope he changes his mind and flips for you before then. I guess there are worse things than a planned cs but it still must be a bit to get your head around.

Lady who was due 2w ahead of me had a footlinh breech baby, and she turned right before labour, it isnt that uncommon :)

Personally id get doing all little tricks to help encourage baby and relook at position at DD, best of luck with whatever you choose :)

We've just found out that ours is another breech too. I'm scheduled in for the 2nd.

This is after a consultant told.me that having another breech would be rare. More chance of winning the lottery apparently!

I'm also pretty sure this one has been breech for some time as her position and movements haven't changed at all!

Good luck hun x

Yikes! Sorry to hear that you're looking at a c-section. At least you know what to do if your water happens to break! But I do hope your LO flips! Good luck! :hugs:

We've just found out that ours is another breech too. I'm scheduled in for the 2nd.

This is after a consultant told.me that having another breech would be rare. More chance of winning the lottery apparently!

I'm also pretty sure this one has been breech for some time as her position and movements haven't changed at all!

Good luck hun x

With that kind of luck, maybe you should buy a few lottery tickets ;)

Sorry to hear about the breech Randa! On the other hand, good thing it was diagnosed now so you can avoid an emergency situation. Hope all goes well for you. Not sure if you remember, but we had the same due date. I had a c section 3 weeks ago to deliver our miracle. Recovery was hard but a safe and healthy baby is all that matters, no matter how they come into the world. All the best :hugs:

Aw no, that really isn't what you were expecting. I wonder if the unusual position was what was throwing your fundal height off? I guess the positive side of being sent for the ultrasound is that at least you know what's going on instead of being surprised by it during labour. I hope he changes his mind and flips for you before then. I guess there are worse things than a planned cs but it still must be a bit to get your head around.

I think you're right about his position throwing off the measurements. The other night, he had managed to wrap himself right across my torso and his head was near my elbow!!!

Lady who was due 2w ahead of me had a footlinh breech baby, and she turned right before labour, it isnt that uncommon :)

Personally id get doing all little tricks to help encourage baby and relook at position at DD, best of luck with whatever you choose :)

:happydance: That's reassuring! I'm hoping he does turn on his own, but I feel good about having a bit of a plan in place just in case he doesn't.

Good luck hun x

Hey D! Wow, another?! Is yours frank, complete or footling? I'm scheduled in for the 3rd :) Good luck with yours. I'll keep my eyes open for an update!

Sorry to hear about the breech Randa! On the other hand, good thing it was diagnosed now so you can avoid an emergency situation. Hope all goes well for you. Not sure if you remember, but we had the same due date. I had a c section 3 weeks ago to deliver our miracle. Recovery was hard but a safe and healthy baby is all that matters, no matter how they come into the world. All the best :hugs:

Hey :hi: I totally remember! I haven't seen you on the same threads as me for a while, but now I know you've had your hands full with a new little one for a few weeks already! Congratulations :hugs: I definitely think you're right that the method by which he comes into the world won't mean a thing once I have him safely in my arms.

Ahhh! This happened to my aunt, his entire foot was literally hanging out!!!! This was also 35 yrs ago .... Before drs knew so much lol.... The good thing is you know wht to expect if your water breaks !

I'm not sure as I only had a mini scan done by the midwife. I think she's frank but then again it's really tricky to know for sure as it'sreally hard to feel her position, even my mmidwife struggles. Movement doesn't help either as I get movement all over the place lol. I do get pokey out things on my right hand side so she maybe complete :thumbup:

I have midwife today so we'll see ifanything has changed.... uunlikely but the hope is there lol

Oh Randa guess it wasn't what u were hoping for but all that matters is baby safely in ur arms. Good luck and hope baby turns for u, if not then best of luck with your section. Will be looking out for ur update xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->