Midwife appointment today :)

L

LilMiss_91

So I saw my usual midwife today after seeing a student and a supervisory last Wednesday. Last week I was measured at 33 and this week 32. Midwife thinks it may just be because someone else was measuring and maybe didn't do it the same way she does (didn't know there was more than one way to use a tape measure but there you go! Lol) so to "just be on the safe side" I have another scan booked for tomorrow afternoon.
Quick question I hope someone knows the answer to lol, midwife has put that baby is 3/5 engaged. Does the baby pop in and out or now that he's begun to engage will he stay there?
Oh AND... apparently I've been getting braxton hicks without actually realising :haha: silly me!

hey, i was told once baby was that far engaged it shouldn't move back out but I have definitely read on here some babies can turn breech at last minute!

I have a scan on Wed to check position - kinda looking forward to it as its weeks since i've seen her!

when i was at the hospital for a check-up a student doctor measured my bump WAY bigger than he should - i don't think he wanted to get too close down below :haha: - it meant i measured about 3cm bigger than i should!

i'm sure everything will be fine :thumbup:

I hope my lil fella doesn't decide to do that lol I'll have to have firm words with him just in case haha :). Even though I know that just because he's engaging doesn't mean he'll be early, I did freak out a lil when I saw 3/5 written in my notes!

Same :) especially as I'm 99% sure the scan will show everything is fine and maybe he was just laying a little lopsided today :haha: has your LO not been playing ball position wise or is it just a standard scan to check?

Wow 3cm?! How does anyone get it that wrong lol! Maybe you're right and the student was just a little shy!

Thankyou :) and I hope yours goes well and baby behaves themselves for you :)

she was transverse for most of the pregnancy then at 36 weeks the student doctor wrote in my notes she was head down and 3/5 engaged - i never even questioned it and thought that was great!

I then seen my MW at 37 weeks who asked if she was breech and then in a complete turnaround wrote in my notes (after reading what the hospital had wrote) she was head down 2/5 engaged!

I requested another MW to have a check at 38 weeks and she thinks baby is head down but wouldn't commit 100% so she booked the scan - if I have to have an emergency C-sec then I'm high risk so they just want to be sure!

Oh goodness, what a kerfuffle! Although most people have had trouble telling my baby's position so far, they've only been certain since he's turned head down as he was breech until about 28wks the little monkey!

At least they are being pro-active and double checking! Better that than go ahead with anything without being 100% certain and getting a nasty surprise lol :)

Fingers crossed she'll be head down and stay that way for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->