Midwife Appt!

mz_jackie86

Reaction score
I have my midwife appt next week and just wondered whats going to happen and what they do!
I have no clue what to expect!? x

she will sit there and ask you a million and 1 questions abotu your life personal and medical she will ask if you have any history with things whilst giving birth from say your mother and her mother...

you get blood taken but only if you want her to do so, checks your weight, height and blood pressure ask you about your late period

was not abad as i thought it would be oh and i dont know if it will be the same where you are but i also got given some mum and baby mag's

good luck hun

My personal favourite questions were these:

MW: Have you ever had a general anesthetic?
Me: Yes, 8 years ago I had my appendix out
MW: Did you catch MRSA?!!!

I bet thats a question that has only been introduced as standard recently!

at my first m/w appointment i was only there about 5 mins, she filled out my pregnancy notices the basic info, took me blood pressure and bloods and thats it. She arranged my next mw appointment where she would come to my house and talk about family history ect ect x

We went through family history, took bloods, urine, (also offered chlamydia and gonnerrea testing as can harm baby when being born) went though all the tests available for downs.
Asked about hospital/home birth (government supporting home at the mo) and also feeding breast is best is the NHS quote so dont be surprised if she pushes that more than bottle
Height weight BMI and blood pressue
gave loads of freebies which were all rubbish to be honest
Was about an hour i think

How exciting!

Let us know how you get on!

I have my first midwife appoinmtent on Wednesday and am a bit nervous lol only cos I dont like getting blood taken!

Good Luck!

Emma.xx

my 1st appointments always involve blood taking :(

used to love seeing my midwife though

:happydance:

good luck

My first midwife appointment was last week an only lasted a few minutes where she went through the options of tests for Downs & booked me an appointment for next week where she told me to find out as much as posible beforehand about my family helath history and bring it with me!

I've been told it will be about an hour and as others have said, she'll do my height, weight & BMI (flippin dreading that bit!) and take bloods for STIs etc.

Roll on 20th October for my 12 week scan - I can't wait (but I'm terrified too!)

I had a very sweet male midwife.
The appointment took about an hour - loads of questions (including whether I had taken any recreational drugs!), and a blood test.

Have to wait 3 weeks for results to be sent to me

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20718;32/st/20090504/dt/6/k/822d/preg.png

Usually ask lots of questions about your health, your family and fathers family history and usually take bloods,

Let us know how it goes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->