Midwife asking consultant to consider inducing me - family really negative about it:(

girlinyork

Reaction score
I've been in bed since 31 weeks with horrific rib pain. In and out of hospital and there's no pain relief to help. Looks like my rib has bowed too far from the pressure of my uterus (thanks to the hypermobility) and all my muscles and cartilage are inflamed or torn up. I've been miserable, bored and so so sore. If I go out it has to be in a wheelchair because walking is so painful and even sitting up in that makes me in soooo much pain because I have to at least be reclining to ease the pressure. Can't wash or dress myself and can't prepare a meal really because I can't bend into cupboards. Meanwhile, I'm losing muscle tone from being inactive which means my hypermobile joints are losing their support and will be more prone to dislocating.

So, at my request, my midwife has asked my consultant to induce me between 37 and 38 weeks because I am suffering so much. All my birthing positions are out the window so I'm quite happy to ask for an epidural at the first sign of things getting too much to cope with.

And my family all acted like I'd asked to have my head amputated.

"Induction is horrible. So much pain, wait to go naturally."

"My friend was induced at 37 weeks and ended up with a c-section."

And so many other unhelpful comments. I'm now so depressed over it all. I just want her full term and out. :dohh: I'd like to get up to pee without the effort making my eyes water.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted that off my chest.

U poor thing... I was whinging as i had bad rib pain as I was measuring 40 weeks from 2 weeks ago ... I can't imagine how u must feel!!!

Don't let ur family dictate anything... What if u go over and need to be induced anyway!? Then ur in the same spot with all that extra pain... It's your choice and if your genuinely in pain like that then it's ridiculous for u to suffer....
Bubs is fine to come at 38 weeks and u will probably be in a better state to look after then than if u were 41 weeks and in even worse pain!

Good luck sweets

I was induced at 38 weeks and my body just wasn't ready, I ended up with a emergency caesarean in the end.
I was induced due to a number of reasons, severe anxiety, reduced movement and reduced fluid.
Do I regret it? definitely not, people looked at me so disapproving when I told them I wanted to be induced at 38 weeks like I was going to harm my baby. At the end of the day its your body and your baby. You are not going to be putting your baby at risk as they are classed as full term at 37 weeks.
It was the best decision for me and I wouldn't go back and change it. People that disapprove have probably never been in our position and therefore have no right to judge

You have to do what's right for you and your baby. It's not going to do anyone any good to wait to go naturally (potentially another 6+weeks) and be off your feet for weeks recovering. If you had a date set for induction or even c-sec, you'd be able to focus and have a time frame which would help you cope with the pain and the time left.

Don't worry about people's reactions. As long as baby is here safe and you're both healthy then they'll forget all about how LO came into the world.

Good luck xxxx

I think it's easy for family to have opinions like that when they're not the ones suffering so I say don't discuss it with them any further. Do what is best for you. And keep in mind the midwife would have said no outright if there wasn't a good case for you needing induction at that stage.

I'm definitely more wary of inductions, because they are forcing your body to do something it isn't ready for, and if said if I go overdue I would decline an induction, and just continue to be monitored, however, I'm due tomorrow, and I'm in pain, uncomfortable and fed up!! So now I'm totally leaning towards induction if needs be!!!!
You will get an epidural for pain, and whatever happens you will cope and be fine. It's you experiencing all this discomfort not your family, don't listen to them!!! X

:hugs: do whats right for you and your baby hun!

inductions are not always that bad to be honest.

with my first my waters went and i was still not in labour 24 hours later so they induced me and i had an epidural - which took away 98% of the pain i had a small little circle of pain at the top of my leg - felt like someone was poking me really really hard and that was it - pushing stage was pain free - just felt pressure

my induced labour was 7 and half hours but i was not in much pain at all.

Thanks ladies. I would love to wait to go naturally and go into the birthing pool (which is being refurbished til mid July) but this is game changing pain so I've had to change the rules :/ as long as my baby ends up safely in my arms and I can be pain free afterwards it will be so worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->