Midwife Change!!

canadabear

Reaction score
OMG.. just found out that my current midwife is retiring at the end of May! The new midwife is WONDERFUL!! She speaks english resonably well, but MOST important she is PRO-NATURAL birth!!
My current midwife is wonderful and so helpful, but a bit old fasioned in the sense of hosptial/doctor/medical professional knows best kinda thing.

Hopefully with my new midwife starting June I MIGHT have the option of getting a homebirth!!!! At the very least I will fully understand the procedures that happen at the hospital and be able to have the birth I want there! SO SO HAPPY and looking forward to meeting with her again!! :happydance:

Just had to share.... please keep your fingers crossed that I can possibly have a homebirth here in Spain!!
(was told the cost is usually around €2000, or more!! But with all the changes towards natural and home birth policies in Spain over the last couple years, I am HOPING that they will have a homebirth team!!!)

Congratualtions on the mw - I hope it does mean a turn in their outlook to care for you! When will you find out?
XxxX

Thanks bournefree! I should find out when I have my second visit with her in June.. it is a bit further along in my pregnancy then I had hoped, but that seems to be the best they can do right now. I may book an extra appointment with her once we get a chance to talk as well. She is nice though and doesn't rush the visit at all! Very happy just to know she will be involved until the end of my pregnancy either way! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->