midwife coming to my house at 8 weeks?

Rainbow gems

Reaction score
At my first appointment a week ago a seen a midwife but the midwife i would be having was of, so i was told my midwife would phone me.

today i had a letter in the post saying she will be coming to my house on the 27th for a pregnancy booking,
is it me or is this unusual as i will be 8 weeks at that time

Sounds about right to me. Most booking appointments are done 8-10 weeks and most take place in the woman's home. Its a long appointment to be held in a GP surgery/Sure Start centre/ clinic. Much more comfortable to have it at home. Plus I think part of it is they get a chance to assess your home circumstances, not an issue for most people, but for those who need extra help it can mean its in place when they need it to be.

Mine is coming to my house next week, I'll be 8 weeks x

I never heard of them coming to your house :lol: but they do your booking apt at 8 weeks :)

That's what i was thinking that it was unusual as with DS i had my booking apt in the drs

I had mine then and mine was at home the reason they mostly do them at your home is if you already have a baby or toddler so you don't have to keep them in pram or chase them around the room as my mw has cupboards that my dd2 will distroy by pulling everything out so it's just so you an kids are more comfortable (well that is what they told me)

With my DD midwife came to the house at 9 weeks, everyone I know have had their booking appointment at home too, I didnt realise it was so abnormal :shrug:

My booking appt with dd was at home and this time it's Xmas eve at home again. Ill be nearly 10 weeks. I think it varies by area as where I live the first appt and any on or after edd (for sweeps) are at home, but my sister who lives 2 hours north if me always had to go to the drs. X

My booking in appointment with DS was at the drs surgery, my 2nd pregnacy was at the local sure start centre and so was DD but this time its at my drs surgery but that has only recently changed because they like to do blood test at your booking in appointment and the midwife wasn't able to do it in the local sure start centre. I have never heard of a midwife booking in appointment being at home. I thought the midwife only came out to your home for sweeps after your EDD x

Wow it would have been so much more convenient to book in at home, both of my booking appointments have been at the doctors surgery. Not so much of an issue with the first, but this time around I had a bored 2 year old in a buggy while I was trying to fill in forms and remember family medical history etc. definitely would have been better at home xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->