Midwife couldn't find Squiggle's head!

MaybeThisMnth

Reaction score
We had our 36 week midwife appointment yesterday and when our midwife was trying to work out the position of the baby she couldn't work out if the head was far back and hiding in my pelvis or under my bra. She asked me where i usually feel movement but that wasn't much help as i tend to get a lot of big nudges at the top of my bra which could be bottom or head and the kicks i get to my right hand side could be feet with bottom down or feet over bottom with head down! I get the occasional case of lightening crotch (oww!) and whenever Squiggle has hiccups i feel them really low down which to me says it's in the right place but maybe not :wacko: The poor midwife was rather puzzled as she couldn't get a loud heartbeat where Squiggle's should be if it was head down but didn't make any effort to find a louder one one the other side of my bump which would have been helpful :dohh:

On the upside we get a presentation scan on Friday to find out where Squiggle is lying and i guess that'll tell us whether we can go through our birth centre birth as planned or have to be booked into surgery :wacko:

Has anyone been in a similar position and had the baby be in the right place despite the midwife not being able to find it's head or get to a 37 week scan, discover baby was breach and then have it turn itself? I'd rather not have a c-section if i can, partly because it's major surgery and partly because they might want to do it at 39 weeks which is Boxing Day! I was thinking about doing some position stuff to help but don't want to end up turning Squiggle if it's already in the right place! All ideas very welcome :thumbup:

My first baby was breech and didn't turn until 37 weeks, don't lose hope yet!

At 36 week check up midwife said baby's presentation was breech, I had a scan that day which confirmed he was breech. I was booked in for another scan at 37 weeks & baby had turned!

She's been finding it hard to tell the difference between bum & head so I've been having weekly scans.

He is still head down now, so there is definitely time for baby to turn, don't worry :)

Have a look on spinning babies website, there is lots of info on there! xx

Thanks Mummies, it would be fab if Squiggle was the right way up, it's great that we get another scan but I'd like it to be clearer whether my baby's head is a head and not a bottom! :D

I just had a similar situation. I've been feeling lo's movements mostly low which made me think she was either breech or transverse. At my last appt my mw tried to determine just by feel, but I'm plus sized, so that's harder to do. When she listened to her HB, even she thought she was breech. She had dr do a quick u/s and low and behold, baby's head down!!! Yay!! I still don't feel a lot of movement up top, though she does get her little feet into my ribs sometimes. Gl!!

I just had a similar situation. I've been feeling lo's movements mostly low which made me think she was either breech or transverse. At my last appt my mw tried to determine just by feel, but I'm plus sized, so that's harder to do. When she listened to her HB, even she thought she was breech. She had dr do a quick u/s and low and behold, baby's head down!!! Yay!! I still don't feel a lot of movement up top, though she does get her little feet into my ribs sometimes. Gl!!

Fingers crossed i'll be just the same! I was a size 14 before becoming pregnant but have increased to a snug 16 at the moment and i think that bit of extra padding may have made it harder to feel Squiggle. We've now been booked in for Friday to confirm his/her position but i'm getting a lot of kicks everywhere so who knows!

I'm having twins and was in fetal health for monitoring on Monday last week after high BP... they said both babies were head down... Tuesday at my midwife appointment she said No A was head down and B was breech... wednesday at the OB she said NO A was transverse and B was Breech :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: I KNOW they have not moved that far in them days and i believe the OB to be correct based on the movements i can feel as this is where they were at 28 week scan! I have my 32 week scan Wednesday and i know that B has moved now and is now likely transverse too (went on a mad one sunday night and i saw him move lol)

I need A to be head down to deliver naturally and will be using the spinning babies techniques once i know for sure where they are (i don't want to undo a head down baby in the rare instance the midwives were right lol)

My midwife says heads bounce when you palpate them and bums don't... if thats any help? x

So, Squiggle has been on a proper wriggling session yesterday and today...real tummy undulating stuff! Maybe it's listening and is getting into the right place for our Friday scan :) Fingers crossed it knows what to do, i'm rather keen on a birth centre birth and staying at home as long as i can during the first stage, no caesareans for me please! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->