Midwife interrogation coming up!

AngelCyrus

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I am planning
a home birth with my 3rd baby in early Novemeber. I had an emergency c-section with my first 10 years ago. Then I had a wonderful home water birth with my second baby 5 years ago with an independant midwife who was totally on my side and didn't give me any grief about the very low risk of rupture. Now I am with NHS midwives who are lovely and supportive of my plans, but I have to see the top midwife so she can drill me on whether I know what I am doing in terms of risk having a home birth! I am an anxious person generally and just wondered if anyone has had to deal with this as I am feeling a bit unnerved by this meeting. She will be coming to my house and one of my midwives will be coming too. I am in Kent,UK. They are pretty good here but I will be refusing to see a consultant after the midwife (which is supposed to be the next step).

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Where in Kent are you hun?

hun you have had a sucessful home waterbirth so the MW can just shut up about her statistics and make sure you point that out

Thanks Samantha. Chuck I am under the Deal midwives.

Ah just down the road from me, I'm in Canterbury. I cant speak for the MWs out in Deal but here they were super supportive.

Like as had been said you're a pro now, this is your 3rd baby and 2nd vaginal birth so your body certainly knows what to do.

If they start getting antsy just stay calm and say thanks but I know the statistics and I choose to homebirth thankyou.

My MW here in canterbury actually said that by choosing to HBAC I would get better care!

Have somebody there with you as your support Good luck x

Thanks ladies! Small world Chuck. I will just stick to my guns and stay confident!

I had a section nearly two years ago and my MW was very supportive of a possible HB. Has even sent me to consultant who will (should) just send me straight back to MW. You've had a HB before so there's really no reason why she should have a problem.

I was under Deal midwives for my first baby (and was with this one until we moved). They were really pro home birth so I am sure the modwife just wants to ensure you know any risks, but I reckon she will be supportive.

What is the name of the midwife coming round? Who is your midwife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->