Midwife referral and first scan...

Globe

Reaction score
When did everybody have their first scan and midwife appointment?

I've got an appointment with my GP on Wednesday to confirm my pregnancy and he'll refer me to a midwife after that :) did you hear pretty quick or did it take a couple of weeks?

It works differently here. We self-refer. So every time I've just called the midwives directly and making my first appt. I usually call around 5 weeks and it's always been between 7-9 weeks (the 7 week appt was only because I was out of the country for work for 3 weeks after that so it would have been after 10 weeks if they'd waited, so they got me in early). I think 8-9 weeks is more the norm. Then at least here they usually go back after your first appt and make your scan and then you get a letter in the post about a week later. I got that letter at 10 weeks with my daughter and scan was 13+1. I never saw my GP.

My appointment came through at 8 weeks, had it at 9 weeks. Then they put in a request for the scan at the booking in appointment so hopefully that will come through in the next couple of weeks.

I was referred by the doctors at 4 weeks, had my midwife app letter at 8 weeks and had the app at 10 weeks. Had my scan letter about 9 weeks for tomorrow (12weeks)

Thank you all for your replies.

MindUtopia- I've just moved to the opposite end of the UK and wasn't really sure what the procedure was here! I asked the receptionist at my new GP office and she wasn't really sure and said it would be best to make an appointment with my GP.

Hopefully I won't be waiting too long. I've been spotting since my positive test, which was over a week ago now. :shrug:

When I told my GP they sent the request for the 12 week scan so I got that like 5 days later when I was about 4 weeks long lol. I filled out a form for midwife when I was there and saw her at 9 +2 based on LMP. I'm in fact 8w 5d now so I'm a little behind but everything has happened quickly with no waiting :) I've been lucky enough to have two early scans at 6 and 8 weeks

That's really reassuring thank you! :) I'm hoping I won't have to wait too long

I just phoned the midwives and they booked me in over the phone, I'll have mine on the 27th when I'll be about 8 weeks x

Same here, last 2 pregnancies I skipped the gp and phoned the Midwife direct for appointment, then she organised the scan for 12/13weeks ish. I have my booking appointment on 28th I will be around 7weeks & 3days. Can't believe I'm doing this again!! Lol x

I called my gp who then booked me in with midwife directly. I was 6+3 at midwife appointment I think. I had an early scan at 5 weeks due to pain and have another st 8 weeks but my actual scan date I'm expecting will be in pretty soon

I've got my first midwife appointment on July 14th. I'll be 8-9 weeks then :)

Self refer here too, you can call the midwife anytime after 8 weeks pregnant, the scan is arranged during your booking in appointment and a letter with the date arrives in the post within the next 2 weeks, in some surgeries they give you the date during the appointment itself.

We self refer here too and don't see a gp, first appt is at 8 weeks and when you fill in the referral form it triggers the hospital so send you a scan date for 12ish weeks x

I have moved to different part of the country since my daughter was born 3 years ago there you could self refer direct to the hospital or Gp would arrange a referral. My current Gp practice offer pregnancy pack at reception followed by midwife call to arrange 8 week appointment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->