Midwifery Chat

• Thread starter Always&4ever
  • Start date
A

Always&4ever

Any prospective midwives/to be? Want to discuss modules? units? wether to apply? or just rant about your course, this is the place to come!

Im joining you hun, still havent received anything from dlc shouldnt be long now though. Have you done the sats module? was looking through course book looks hard!

I am embarking on a nursing degree starting jan 2010, still awaiting my app pack, fingers crossed i get in!!

oh should also mention i plan to do a post grad in midwifery after it :)

Im joining you hun, still havent received anything from dlc shouldnt be long now though. Have you done the sats module? was looking through course book looks hard!

Do you know who your tutor is yet? The stats ain't to hard, some bits mind you are a pain in the backside x

just got my application form through the door, I can't wait to start this new career!! Anyone got any words of wisdom for filling out my personal statement?

Just one thing. Don't state how pregnancy is about the baby, Uni's tend to hate that lol

I got accepted into Adult Nursing in sept 2010, so happy....it's the first step in a career that will be amazing

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be a midwife but my school grades wasnt great, i cant afford to go back to college full time and i dont know where to get help if i wanted too! If you guys got any tips or advice?

x

I got accepted into Adult Nursing in sept 2010, so happy....it's the first step in a career that will be amazing

Me too! woo!!

awesome well done! Which uni? mines is at dundee uni

Cassandra - I would see about speaking to a careers advice team, they might be able to help you figure it all out, i know that theres something called an ILA or something but i'm not too sure about where it applies and in what circumstances, it basically gives you £200 towards learning a year which might be able to help heres the link. Thats for scotland but other places might do something similar.

Plus if I remember right access courses to nursing and midwifery which you don't need much for and they take you straight into uni too are free, due to the government trying to get more nurses and midwives.

Hope this helps

Been a midwife for 7 years so gonna be stalking this thread :rofl:

i applyed for sept 07 while doing an access course at college. was unsucessful after 2 interviews (applied to 6 unis) then found i was expecting connor so didnt reapply then katie came along so i am still waiting to reaply

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->