might be getting a HB!!! :-)

ljo1984

2DDs,2angels <3
Reaction score
so excited. ive wanted a home birth for so long, i was adiment this is how i would have my first baby but i lost her as a MMC, because of this i was scared of loosing another baby and decided on hospital to have DD, my waters broke, didnt progress how they would have liked so i got pumped full of pitocin and ended up with forceps :nope:.
i really wanted HB for this on but OH wasnt keen as he was worried about things going wrong, so id decided on a natural hospital birth with a very detailed and demanding birth plan :haha:
last night OH asked how my "hippy" birthing was going (hypnobirthing- which im studying at home) and then asked where i was having it?!?! i was quite suprised but said i had to have it in hospital, to which he replied why where do you want to have it, so i said home but your too scared lol, then asked if i could and he said whatever!! i brought it up again half an hour later saying it was xmas time and i wanted to be at home with imogen, id be more relaxed and i could have a water birth and got pretty much the same resopnse, so i said im having a HB then!! lol. plus my mum is the only person id leave imogen with and i know she wants to see at least one grand baby born so at least she can be there as well this way! and my MW was very encouraging at my last appointment and even asked if she spoke to OH might he change his mind lol!! plus i really think i'll use the hypnobirthing much more effectivly in the place im practicing it, and i know i'll get comfor from having imogen around and even spending some early labour in the pool with her maybe.

so ladies if i go through with this what sort of bits and bobs do you need? obviously the pool, which are most recomended etc. i will look more into this later but im about to leave for work and im a bit inpatient to wait until my 12 hour shift is over to look into it!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:) yay! TBH, although it obv matters how your OH feels, it matters more how YOU feel as its your body so if you really want a homebirth, your OH should respect that.

You don't really need much. We have a la bassine pool and liner. I got it for a bargain off of gumtree for £30. Just need to buy a liner and a pump so keep an eye out on ebay, craigslist, preloved and gumtree. You also need lots of old towels and some sort of plastic sheeting to put over the floor or whatever incase you give birth on dry land! Also, my MW asks for some sort of table or flat surface and lamp incase baby needs resusitated and its night time.

Good luck!

Yeh I'm gonna speak to him later about it again but I'm going for it weather he likes it or not ha ha. Yeh ive seen in posts before about using a shower curtain so will pick up a cheap one. Thanks for the pool info will gave to keep a look out. Can't wait to discuss it with my mw she was really trying to sell it to me last appointment so I'm sure she'll be very happy! Xx

Ah having good MW support is great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"