Might be off topic but renting on DSS

bbyno1

Reaction score
I need to be out the property that im in at the moment in July.
I know which area im looking at moving too but struggling to find landords who accept benefits. Just wondering if there is an easier way of going about it apart from having to email each one individuly asking if they would accept me?If there a certain site or something?Also i would like to secure a place now-ish so i know i have somewhere rather than leaving it till the last minute and finding myself stuck.
Whats the best way to go about finding properties that are avaliable from July?Or is it best to wait until a month before?

try looking through local estate agents and lettings companies they should have landlords on their books that accept DSS.

Your local concil will have a list of recommended landlords (ie ones who take LHA) :)

Remember you dont legally have to tell them you receive it as it goes directly to you but its a judgement call x

Atm its a little hard as in in Brighton and moving to London but im going down to London for the day next month so going to go up the council then:)If i don't say im recieveing benefits won't they ask if im working?
Sorry,new to all of this!

Atm its a little hard as in in Brighton and moving to London but im going down to London for the day next month so going to go up the council then:)If i don't say im recieveing benefits won't they ask if im working?
Sorry,new to all of this!

In your case you would have to tell them. I think you can get away with it when your working as well and having it as a top up. Local council should have list

If you've got someone who can be a gaurantau (sorry no idea how to spell it) just say you're a student or a nanny or something.

Now i have sorted that im having major problems finding a gaurontor.
No one i know is suitable:(
Anyone know any ways around that other than having to put 3-4months rent upfront?which i just havn't got the money to do:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->