Might get jumped on but..

bbyno1

Reaction score
Now im pregnant i obv get healthy start vouchers for me.Then a 2nd batch for Aliyah. Anyway they took so long to sort mine out that they have backdated me quite a bit. I now have 40 something pound to spend on milk/veg etc in 3 weeks. I have stocked up on veg already,got loads of fruit in and 10 pints of milk in the fridge :dohh:

I know this may seem bad but i was thinking..Is there any supermarkets that let you scan these at self checkout? I tried Sainsburys but someone always has to come over to put them through. I would love to go Asda and get Aliyah some clothing or toys.Might come across like i wanna spend it on myself but that's not the case at all.
I have a little fridge/freezer so not like i can even stock up on veg etc in one big go.

I know when it was the old milk tokens you could take to some local corner shops and they would take them for anything (except fags/booze)..I dont get the healthy tokens but know they replaced those so maybe still the same now so could get tinned food etc with them? I doubt big supermarkets will but I know sainsburys lets you scan coupons without calling a attendant over. If not then could you sell them to a neighbour friend who will be buying something that you can get with them?

Is there no one you know that you can give them too in exchange for cash?

How much rooms in your freezer. Milk freezes well, as do homemade sauses such a tomato and blanched veg.

I might try a corner shop,thanks:)
Im quite new to the area so i don't know anyone :/ my freezer is very small,fits about 7 things in it lol. Just don't see me getting through all the vouchers on time unless i get a massive craving for strawberries or something:haha:

I don't think most places do it anymore as there's a massive clap down on it and shops got fined for doing it also corner shops depending on thee milk surpplier only get a pound or two for every token. I personally wouldn't do it. I'd either give them some one but veg and make up batches of food to freeze or just bin them they didn't cost you anything

What about tinned / dried fruit? Or do the coupons not count for those?

Tesco... aslong as you have some milk fruit and veg in the trolly they can accept 3-4 at a time x its how I reduce my shopping bill from 40 to £28

Hey hun. I dont know, but could you exchange them for cash? Even if not the full amount?

Im planning on BF this time round :)
Well i went into Boots and asked the manager if i could get nappies. She said the system wouldnt recognise the coupon for nappies.

She put the full amount onto a Boots gift card for me:D

Im planning on BF this time round :)
Well i went into Boots and asked the manager if i could get nappies. She said the system wouldnt recognise the coupon for nappies.

She put the full amount onto a Boots gift card for me:D

Wow! How nice of her! Still some good folk about!

yeah thats really lovely of her.. glad you managed to get it onto a card. Hope you can get something nice :)

Ah gotta love boots!

Your daughter and i share the same name :) I love my name, sorry, thought i'd just share that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->