Migraines?

4magpies

TTC #2 IVF
Reaction score
I've had them as long as I remember and I usually take sumatriptan for them which works really well and quickly but now I'm pregnant I can't take it as it can cause birth defects.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things that are ok to have during pregnancy or will help?

This is my first one since getting pregnant and it started yesterday afternoon.

Thanks girls xx

Paracetamol is ok. Nothing like ibuprofen/neurofen - they cause defects too

I know that but thanks.

Just wondering if anyone had any natural remedys ect.

I'm also a migraine sufferer and usually take almotriptan. I find what works for me is taking paracetemol with a can of coke or pepsi as the caffeine helps your body absorb the paracetemol (there's been scientific research to find this is effective). As long as you stick to the 200mg daily caffeine limit this is perfectly safe. I also find smearing some Vicks vapour rub across my head can also help - the burning sensation distracts me from the pain. I found in this pregnancy and last that whilst I had more migraines early on once past about 8 weeks they were far fewer and less painful so fingers crossed it is the same for you.

I'm also a migraine sufferer and usually take almotriptan. I find what works for me is taking paracetemol with a can of coke or pepsi as the caffeine helps your body absorb the paracetemol (there's been scientific research to find this is effective). As long as you stick to the 200mg daily caffeine limit this is perfectly safe. I also find smearing some Vicks vapour rub across my head can also help - the burning sensation distracts me from the pain. I found in this pregnancy and last that whilst I had more migraines early on once past about 8 weeks they were far fewer and less painful so fingers crossed it is the same for you.

Thank you so much for your kind helpful reply!

It's gone now I tried a ice pack on the base of my skull and just kept up with the paracetamol. Thanks for the tip with the coke I will try that next time.

I understand how you feel, I get them, too!! Try ice on the head and some caffeine. I know this is strange... Eating Cheerios worked for me in my last pregnancy!! Not sure why or how...

I understand how you feel, I get them, too!! Try ice on the head and some caffeine. I know this is strange... Eating Cheerios worked for me in my last pregnancy!! Not sure why or how...

Haha. Really?! I guess it's the carbs. I always crave carbs with my migraines.

Thanks for your input lovely xx

Hello :) I thought of something else that no-one else had mentioned... I find that 4head really helps and they do special migraine stick on things for your forehead now as well. I know it sounds weird but if I lie in a hot bath with a nice cold 4head application on my head it seems to break the migraine quite well.
I too miss my zomig though in pregnancy so I know how you feel! And it's not like we can even blame red wine haha!! Good luck - if I think of anything else I'll get back to you- baby brain seems to be kicking in rather efficiently....:)

Hello :) I thought of something else that no-one else had mentioned... I find that 4head really helps and they do special migraine stick on things for your forehead now as well. I know it sounds weird but if I lie in a hot bath with a nice cold 4head application on my head it seems to break the migraine quite well.
I too miss my zomig though in pregnancy so I know how you feel! And it's not like we can even blame red wine haha!! Good luck - if I think of anything else I'll get back to you- baby brain seems to be kicking in rather efficiently....:)

Oooh thank you so much.

I will buy some of them and keep them in.

Apparently migraines get a lot better or a lot worse with pregnancy. I hope mine get better. Problem is I don't even know what triggers mine. I think it's stress and tiredness.

Nice to have some people who understand how awful they are, I'm sure some people think they're "just a headache".

xx

I know that but thanks.

Just wondering if anyone had any natural remedys ect.

Well thats not what you asked. Google it

Google isn't great for things like this to be honest.

I was wondering if anyone has the same thing and what they now do.

No need to be horrible.

You didnt ask for natural remedies in your original post, so make yourself clear. Try a herbal store like holland and barrats in uk, they may have something to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->