Migraines

weewdy

Reaction score
My partner suffered what we believe to be a migraine at the weekend. he had a sore head on Friday night, went to his bed (we were away in the caravan so it was quite warm aswell) and woke at 12pm with severe pain in his head, he described it like his head was going to pop, he felt sick, was having hot flushes and felt a shortness of breath. It was the middle of the night and none of us got any sleep because we had no pain relief or anything for him to take. I went to an asda at 6am and got him a form of migraine tablet, by around mid day he was feeling a lot better. He has suffered another of these around 5/6 weeks ago but previous to that he has never had one before and he has just turned 30.

So I made an appointment with a doctor for him today and they have referred him for a ct scan. Ofcourse I am a worrier and because I wasn't at doctors appointment I am thinking the worse. It is normal to be sent for a ct scan with a queried migraine or does the doctor suspect something more sinister.

Sorry to hear he has been suffering - I get them and they are awful. I had my first almost two years ago, and I was sent for a scan as a precaution and it was all fine. I've got tablets I take now at the fist sign of a migraine and they stop it developing. It helps that I know the starting off feeling and also my triggers. Hope he gets some medication to help prevent them soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->