migraines

A

alli.s

Hi ladies thought you guys would know best about this question! i'm in the midst of NTNP/TTC and i was just wondering, do any of you have history of headaches/migraines? I have had them ever since i was 12 and they are pretty bad a lot of the times, and i know during pregnancy you have to be careful about what you can take, I have also heard that for some women they seem to disappear during pregnancy? Does any of you have any advice on this?

Thanks so much for your time!

Hi, I have been a migraine sufferer since about the age of 17 and usually get at least one a month, I don't usually take anything for them though, as I prefer to just go to bed and sleep it off, so can't help you with advice for meds. However, I've only had 2 so far in pregnancy, so it seems I'm one of the lucky ones who sees an improvement in pregnancy :thumbup:

Hi, I have been a migraine sufferer since about the age of 17 and usually get at least one a month, I don't usually take anything for them though, as I prefer to just go to bed and sleep it off, so can't help you with advice for meds. However, I've only had 2 so far in pregnancy, so it seems I'm one of the lucky ones who sees an improvement in pregnancy :thumbup:

i'm awful with meds :( i always take them usually because i'm busy doing something and can't take the time to sleep really or i get them mid morning and the entire day it sticks with me unless i take something

Hey x I have awful migraines about 4 times a month on average, sometimes more, and sometimes lasting up to 3 days! I had been in a better phase the last few months with ttc and was getting only about 2 or 3 bad ones in a month, having tried to cut down on medication due to the theory of medication overuse potentially causing them, but was trying not to think about what it would be like not being able to take triptans in pregnancy... BUT...

I am now nearly 32 weeks and since getting pregnant... I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE MIGRAINE!!!!!!!!!! It is literally unbelievable, I can eat sugary crap, go without eating for too long, sleep at weird times - basically do all the things that would be absolutely guaranteed to trigger a migraine, and = NOTHING! I haven't gone so much as a month without a migraine for over 10 years: this is fantastic.......!! They should SO work out why this works and prescribe whatever it is to everyone!! But so there you go, that's my experience, and hopefully it'll be the same for you :flower: x

i can suffer from bad migraines but i havent had one in pregnancy at i am 33 weeks had the odd headache where i needed to take paracetamol but it sucks coz you cant take anything else

Hey x I have awful migraines about 4 times a month on average, sometimes more, and sometimes lasting up to 3 days! I had been in a better phase the last few months with ttc and was getting only about 2 or 3 bad ones in a month, having tried to cut down on medication due to the theory of medication overuse potentially causing them, but was trying not to think about what it would be like not being able to take triptans in pregnancy... BUT...

I am now nearly 32 weeks and since getting pregnant... I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE MIGRAINE!!!!!!!!!! It is literally unbelievable, I can eat sugary crap, go without eating for too long, sleep at weird times - basically do all the things that would be absolutely guaranteed to trigger a migraine, and = NOTHING! I haven't gone so much as a month without a migraine for over 10 years: this is fantastic.......!! They should SO work out why this works and prescribe whatever it is to everyone!! But so there you go, that's my experience, and hopefully it'll be the same for you :flower: x

omg this is what i was hoping for!! thank god, maybe it will happen, i guess only time will tell, my mom has been pushing me and saying you can get pregnant they will stop coming if you do :haha:

I suffer from migraines. I didn't get them very often last year but got 4 in my first trimester of pregnancy - 2 of which were only a couple days apart. Thankfully I haven't had any later on in the pregnancy ... yet!
As for medication, I was told to take paracetamol, which had NO effect whatsoever. I just put a headstrip on my forehead and sometimes that helps.

omg this is what i was hoping for!! thank god, maybe it will happen, i guess only time will tell, my mom has been pushing me and saying you can get pregnant they will stop coming if you do :haha:

Yay!! I might just have to stay pregnant I think!!!! My GP did say they often stop altogether in pregnancy - you'd think they'd have figured out how to exploit that for a treatment by now, wouldn't you! xxx

:haha: I had considered the idea of being continuosly being pregnant up until the menopause :winkwink: But seriously though, I agree, you'd have thought that someone would have figured something out regarding treatment and hormone levels :shrug:

I only had the occasional migraine before pregnancy. Then had a migraine/tension headache for 7 weeks STRAIGHT. And couldn't do anything about it really. Try massage therapy, seeing a chiropractor, or even acupuncturist. Maybe it will work in reverse for you and rid your headaches since you're prone before pregnancy.

I had the occasional migraine in my childhood years, but not had one for decades.....until this pregnancy!

In the third trimester I have had migraine clusters almost constantly lasting between 3 and 5 days.
My BP is fine though so totally hormonal rather than pre eclampsia.

Paracetamol does take the edge off it aslong as I take it as soon as I get the aura or flashing lights. If I leave it too long then the pain starts and that's me had it for the whole day!

I've had bad migraines since I was 12 as well. I was on topamax for 8 years, but stopped when we started TTC. My neurologist suggested 400 mg of magnesium, totally safe during pregnancy, and it worked better than the topamax! I'm 28 weeks and I've had 2 episodes, not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->