migrane from hell

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
So I'm unsure how to shake this migrane... I took an extra strength Tylenol... the slow release kind that should last eight hours well that was 4.5 hrs ago and it lasted all of thirty minutes and never completely got rid of my migrane it just took the edge off of it a little bit. Ive tried hot compresses cold compresses sitting in a dark quiet room, caffeine and nothing helps. I called my ob whose only advice was that at this point in my pregnancy I can take an ibuprofen. But considering the Tylenol is two pills every eight hours and it hasn't been the full hours im afraid to take the ibuprofen because I don't want to harm my daughter taking to much medication at once. Is there any other suggestions. This is seriously a struggle to make it through and I still have 4.5 hours left at work smh... I cant take it.

I read that your digestive system doesn't work as well during a migraine, so your body does not absorb pain meds as well. What is the main ingredient in Tylenol? Paracetamol? Ibuprofen and paracetamol are fine to take together if your doctor as OKed the ibuprofen.

I don't have any other suggestions other than to go home if you can. Migraines in pregnancy are the worst. Hope you feel better soon!

i know what you mean. I took painkillers cause it felt like someone was tearing my brain to shreds. I'd say go home too. I laid in the total darkness, not even a little light. Lots of fresh hair. Have the window open. And a cold press on my forhead. it perfectly covered my eyes too so no light was bothering me. And i just stayed like that. That was the only way to handle it. But still after it didn't go away until i actually slept through the whole night.

No painkillers seem to work against headaches in pregnancy.

I'm so sorry you're in pain but so glad that it's not just me getting them! I wish I could just pull my left eye/brain completely out right now. I hope it went away for you and you were able to sneak away from work.

I'm so sorry you're in pain but so glad that it's not just me getting them! I wish I could just pull my left eye/brain completely out right now. I hope it went away for you and you were able to sneak away from work.

I ended up going to the urgent care and they gave me some prescription meds to clear and diagnostic as an ocular migrane and cluster headaches. It worked wonders apart from making me and CeNya sleepy. It worried me a little with her being sleepy and not moving as much but she's getting back to normal now. It was a miracle drug just a little short lasting.

Did they say why you had it so bad? And maybe what to do next time? Or do you have to go to the ER everytime? Cause I've had them a lot lately.. they seem to be getting worse everytime. Thankfully I have days when I get a break.

Did they say why you had it so bad? And maybe what to do next time? Or do you have to go to the ER everytime? Cause I've had them a lot lately.. they seem to be getting worse everytime. Thankfully I have days when I get a break.

No they didn't really say the cause and since my bp is good they don't think its hypertension or preeclampsia which is a blessing. IM just chalking it up to the wonders of pregnancy. Most of the time my migranes aren't go to the er or even take medicine bad. I can normally get rid of them with an ice pack and rest but this one just wouldn't budge no matter what I did which is why I ended up in the urgent care. My sisters says if you have any pains headache backache stomach ache that Tylenol doesn't get rid of go to the er or urgent care cause it can mean a problem with baby. Luckily for me it wasn't just cluster headaches. Which the doc says are common in pregnancy apparently and an ocular migrane which is rare.

mmh.. maybe i should talk to my doctor about my headaches then. Cause i keep getting them and painkillers never get rid of them.. could be another cause then just hormones. glad your feeling better though

mmh.. maybe i should talk to my doctor about my headaches then. Cause i keep getting them and painkillers never get rid of them.. could be another cause then just hormones. glad your feeling better though

YEAH ITS worth getting checked out to rule out hypertension or preeclampsia which is dangerous in pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->