Mikayla Maries dramatic entrance 1st February 2009 UPDATE 2 PAGE 6! She's coming home

keldac

3 mc, 1 angel and 3 lc
Reaction score
Please bear with me this story is gonna be long!!!!!

On Tuesday 27th of January I went for a fetal growth scan at 32 weeks due to a poor obstetric history. It was noted that the babys abdominal circumference had fallen slightly below - nothing major - but needed to be checked. I was told to come for CTG 3 times a week to check on bubs.

CTG Monitoring on Thursday 29th January fine.

CTG monitoring on Saturday 31st January perfect.

Sunday 1st February- 33 weeks pregnant.
Awoke feeling rough with a cold. Been awake half the night with bubs kicking. Felt bubs kick at 9am. At 10am started getting mild twinges. Presumed they were braxton hicks.

By 12 noon had not felt bubs since 9am and still getting regular twinges. Not painful just 'different'. Went back to bed to rest and poke at bubs!

By 2pm I still hadn't had a proper kick since 9am - getting a bit concerned now and still getting twinges.

3pm - I phoned Labour ward and told them I was in previous day and all was fine but now something didn't feel quiet right. I was advised to come straight in for CTG monitoring.

4:25pm - After sorting childcare for my other 2 I arrived on labour ward. It was same midwife as previous day. I told her I felt stupid and didn't want to waste their time.

I lay on the bed and a monitor was attached to my stomach. A heartbeat was detected but it was 60bpm whereas previous day it had been 155bpm. I panicked thinking it was my heartbeat and bubs was gone. Midwife assured me it was bubs and told me she was just going to 'press this button'.

Within 10 seconds the room was full and somebody ran in with a scanner. They checked quickly bubs was alive and the registar screamed the 2 words that will haunt me forever 'CRASH SECTION'

With no explanation at all my clothes were ripped off in every direction and I was literally thrown from the bed into a wheelchair. At this point I felt a slight bleed and was told 'there's no time to explain we must deliver'.

As I was raced down the corridor I had midwives pulling me earings out and my bra off. All this happened within a minute and I was in theatre. I remember seeing a man opening a big green sheet with lots of instruments. I can't breathe through sheer panic, the room is full of people preparing for their role - and still I didn't realise I was about to have my baby.

Lie down and breathe into this mask I was told. I fought against it- 2 hands clamped across my mask and face - and I was gone.

About an hour later I awoke in the recovery room. My parents were now at my side but not my husband, He was in Neonatal unit.

'You have a little girl but she's very very poorly' I'm told. She was born at 16:34pm. Less than 10 minutes after arriving at hospital.

I was taken to Neonatal unit but have very vague memories.

The following few days pass in a blur of doctors and consultants telling us they don't know whether our little girl will be OK.

Day 4 - First major hurdle is over - Mikayla is off the ventilator and her organs are all showing signs of improving. I have had 3 blood transfusions and millions of drips and I am feeling physically a bit better. Mentally I am still traumatised and in shock.

So what went wrong? Most uf us have heard of placental abruption - but I had to go one better! I had a grade 3 concealed abruption which meant my placenta was detaching but instead of bleeding outwardly I bled internally. I was told in most cases this results in fetal and maternal death as it is so hard to diagnose. If I hadn't come in exactly when I did - well I don't even want to go there. It is also extremely rare!

I believe my baby and I were looked after from the heavens above that day - and I can't thank them enough.

Today is day 10 and the doctors couldn't be happier with her progress. She is my miracle baby. Midwives won't discharge me as I am suffering from extremely high blood pressure - are they bloody surprised!!!!

Mikayla Marie born at 33 weeks gestation weighing 4lb and 0.5 oz.

I think your special little girl was looking down on her mummy and little sister *hugs*

Congratulations x x

what an incredible story. i raise a glass to you and your little girl. xxx

:hug::hug::hug:

i cant imagine how you must of felt hun that must have been horrible for you hun, im so glad bubz is doing sooo well, and you must have some 1 in the heavens who loves and cares for you very very much:hug::hug:

well done, and congrats on the birth of your beautiful little girl. xxx:hugs:

Congratulations, can't imagine how scary that must have been. Hope everything continues to improve xx

congratulations and relieved to know you are both doing well:hugs:

Take care :hug:

What an incredible story! Congratulations and take care!

Wow what a story, you are so lucky you went in when you did!! I'm really glad to hear that everything is going well now with her and she is making progress.

Wishing you and your little one a speedy recovery! xoxo

Oh wow, that briought tears to my eyes :cry:. Congratulations on your litle miracle! May she continue to go from strength to strength x x

I'm crying now even though you'd already said on another thread what happened.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:I'm so relieved for you both chick:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

CONGRATULATIONS

Your story just made me cry. How awful for you both, but how wonderful you are both on the mend xx

OMG Kelly, I know we were speaking via text through this, but I hadn't realised just how serious it was for you both! That made me cry reading that!

There is definitely someone looking down on you.:hugs:

My god, how terrifying for you.
It just shows how strong those instincts are.
So glad your both doing better
-x-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"