MIL Overstepped her boundaries for the last time...

CJHanson

2 boys 1 angel baking#4
Reaction score
OK, so my MIL has driven my CRAZY from the very start... but it is just getting so much worse! Yesterday she brought by a bouncer she got for baby at a garage sale... I thanked her for it and then she said "Well I figured this would be ok, because Randy (DH) said YOU refuse to use used things but this is still in a new box". I let the comment slide and told her again it was nice and thanked her... earlier that say she had called DH about a used baby tub at the garage sale and he informed her not only did we already have a baby bath but that WE.. HIM AND I... not just me did not want used things for baby... but yet she always acts like I think I am better than her because she is dirt poor and homeless... she is currently living in a barn with alpacas. After the whole bath incident she proceeded to ask me what time the c-section was scheduled for to which I responded "It doesn't matter what time it is because NO ONE from either family (mine or DHs) is to be at the hospital until after we are out of recovery and settled into our room with baby" (When I had DS too many people showed up and it was just CHAOS so this is how DH and I decided it would be... and my family is fine with it) she just said "Oh, OK" and left it at that... so tonight DH calls me to let me know she stopped at his work and demanded to know why she was not welcome at the hospital... WTF? are you kidding me? I just explained it to her YESTERDAY! if she had a problem or a question then she should have brought it up to me like an adult... yet she acted like everything was fine and then just barges into his work to demand to know why I won't let her come??? Now tomorrow night DH and I have to drop DS off with my parents to go meet with her to speak with her about a loan she has been BEGGING us to cosign on for her because she spends money on pointless ridiculous things and loans money to DH brother constantly and now she is homeless living in an alpaca barn and she expects us to bail her out and we have told her no several times... she then asked if we would cosign on an even bigger loan than the $4000 she needs and she would pay off our credit card debt (we don't need ANY help paying off our debt!) again we told her no that we would not be willing to cosign anything for her as she is just too irresponsible and childish with EVERYTHING but especially money... so now since we said no to THAT offer now she wants us to sign over our new car loan to her so she can pay off our car loan (which is $400 a month) plus our credit card debt plus all her debt... if she has money to pay all these things she wouldn't be homeless needing a loan in the first place! We have helped her out too many times and constantly get burned... and at this point I am completely over her and her ridiculous ways! She goes behind me to ask my husband why she can't be at the hospital? and begs us to sign on loans that we are going to get stuck paying off when we have 2 LO's? she is out of her mind! (and she literally is out of her mind in and out of the mental hospital... and she doesn't work but gets $1000 monthly from social security disability for her mental illness). She abandoned DH at 15 and now that we are doing well getting our lives together she acts like I think I am better than her because I come from a decent family and does nothing but try to cause problems! When DH is around she treats me completely differently than when he is not around... if she talks to me without him she is a total b*tch! so I have decided enough is enough and tomorrow we re going to have a talk with her explaining that he and I make our decisions together whether she likes it or not! and if she continues to ask like such a fool she will be completely cut out of our and our boys lives... I have had enough! Sorry this is so long.... I had to get it off my chest and we are only 8 days away from baby being here and I am so emotional and stressed out already I had to get this off my chest! :cry:

Hugs....

I totally understand the crazy mil thing... Yours sounds like a cracker lol...
I wish u the best of luck... Stand firm...
Were not having anyone at hospital other then my parents who were ringing when were settled like u guys...
Xxx hugs and good luck with the convo

Honey- there are some people that will NEVER make since. She has mental problems- which, to me, explains a lot. My SIL is Bi-polar and is honestly the worst case I've ever seen, poor thing. She just is miserable in her own head and tries so hard to escape, feels like noone understands her (cause HOW CAN YOU!?!?) She is a mess! Sometimes ok- sometimes a dramatic MESS. She lives on a roller coaster of emotion.
Anyways- I'm sorry there are people in this world like that. Sometimes any amount of "help" you give will only enable them to dig deeper. Please PLEASE do not give your MIL any money. She needs help- but not that kind. Good thing it sounds like you have your husbands support. Good luck :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->