mil rant

CandyDay

Mom of 2
Reaction score
So I hardly know my mil and we have always had a rocky relationship. She came down for a week long visit we hadn't seen her in 4 1/2 years. So my son was 1ish at the time and she had never seen my 18 month old. These are her only grandchildren. She lives in another province. Anyways she missed her flight and came late at night. The first day here she spent the day with us and ate supper with us. None of the others days did she eat breakfast or lunch with us. She would wake up everyday around 10am take at least an hour to get ready after that. The second and third evening she ate no meals with us. She was napping both nights. Friday we had a playgroup meeting she didn't want to come so she did some errands. The Saturday we did some stuff together. When we ate supper she was busy getting ready to go to the airport to get her daughter who was coming for 4 days. She was going to take her out for supper. But then she couldn't get a rental car cause she didn't have her visa. So hubby had to drive twice to the airport. He had dropped her off to get the rental car she called when he got home and said she couldn't so back he went. She picked up food to eat and we all sat down (us out of politeness to them even though we weren't hungry). Mothers day she got up at 8am helped my son do some window cleaning as a mothers day gift. Then went back to bed. They both got up mil and sil at 1pm ish. They got dressed we hung out and then all went out to dinner. Monday they went to the city on their own to get a fake ID for SIL so they could party in NY after they left us. That took them all day. Tuesday they gave my daughter a gift and were going to get my son one after we went to the park cause he wanted to go there first. He ended up falling on her and my daughter ended up with a broken bone. I took her to hospital mil came with and the other two stayed home. That took the rest of the day. She (SIL) was a terrible babysitter she took a shower and had a nap when we were gone. hubby of course kept calling the house to find out about daughter but no one answered the phone cause she was sleeping. My son finally did. Then the last day they were here they got up late as usual and then did some errands on their own called me for icecream we did that and went to the lake for an hour then they wanted to do some more stuff on their own. They came back to the house 30 mins before the taxi picked them up for the airport. They refused to get my son a gift for him letting them stay in his room because he broke his sisters bone (it was an accident he fell)
They spent barely anytime with us. How would you feel after a visit like that? We don't want them to come back again to see us.........is that drastic of us? Or we would tell them stay at a hotel and we can meet once and awhile to do stuff together. She still hasn't emailed since they left and its been two weeks, to say thanks or it was nice to see you. And she hasn't asked how her granddaughter's arm is when she knew we were getting it checked in a week to see how it was healing. And yes I have emailed her......grrrrr she is sooo frustrating

All I can say- is good thing she does live so far away! Geesh. Sorry it didn't go better. Not sure about future visits- I mean, least it wouldn't be very often. But certainly do what you and OH feel is best for your family. If asking her to get a hotel is better- then I'd do that. :hugs:

I wouldnt have them stay in my house again. Hope your daughters ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->