Mild cramping

arturia

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I'm guessing this is probably stretching pains/possibly constipation as I've had it before and it doesn't seem to have had an effect, but still kinda worried. Also, I did note a lot of my first tri stretching pains did feel a bit like cramps.

This morning I've been having mild cramps that feel like very weak (for me) menstrual cramps. Mostly in my lower belly and a tiny sensation at the top of my legs. I thought I just had to go #2 and I did, and that seemed to make it better for an hour, but now they seem to be back. The main reason I'm not super concerned is I had a scan 3 days ago to check cervical length (my doc was worried about my braxton hicks contractions, I guess) and it was closed and long. But should I be? How fast can a long closed cervix start to change at this point? :shrug:

Will note I'm a ftm so I have no idea what to expect.

I don't have any experience with cervix lengths or braxton hicks I'm afraid but I did end up going to a maternity assessment unit with quite severe stomach/period like cramps when I was about 14 weeks. The doctor and midwife at the hospital said if the cramp comes on and the pain is fairly constant and there all the time, generally it's nothing to worry about and it's just stretching and growing. If the cramp pain comes and goes in waves like a contraction then they are usually more concerned. Obviously this is a generalisation and may not apply every time! But I don't know if you can kinda judge your pain on that a little bit?

Thinking at this point it was probably just my body needing to go again and I just felt it as if it were cramps, but I'm still interested in hearing what others have to say. IE when to actually worry.

Drink more water! I get crampy when I have to poop and when I've pooped a little while ago, but most of my cramping is caused by dehydration. This tends to be the biggest cause of BHs in pregnancy. Often, gas or stretching. I wouldn't worry about mild cramping, but I also wouldn't ever tell anyone to go against their intuition or better judgment.

I've had some period pain today too, I think it's another type of braxton hicks type thing that some ladies feel as that kind of pain and it's part of it all growing and changing. Mine was mild but did make me worry because it feels too familiar!
I totally agree with the above, if you get them, take extra care to drink lots of water and hydrate yourself and maybe have a nice warm bath and a rest if possible.
If it was still there and definitely painful after those things I'd want to ask a professional just to be safe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->