Milk after 1

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Mrs Doddy, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

Does milk still fill them up after 1 or is it a drink to them now ?

Lo has gone to bed without any milk - she didn't want it- worried she is going to be up early because of it

2. Janidog

Janidog Well-Known Member

My little man is almost 16months old and still has milk between 9.30-10.00am, if he has asleep but doesn't wake until gone 1 then he will refuse food, so gets more milk, then milk at 6pm and another one around 10pm. He does eat regularly through the day too - i really don't know where he is putting it all

3. Nats21

Nats21 Well-Known Member

Before when he was a baby Callum couldn't really have a snack - fruit etc - after milk as he was to full, it'd usually take an hour for the milk to go down and he'd have a bit of an emptier tum. Now he can have milk but still eat fruit/veg sticks straight after so I think of it as more of a drink now then a meal xx

4. jellybean20

jellybean20 Well-Known Member

with my daughter it depend on how much she has ate in the day and how tired she is. if she hasnt ate much but is very tired she usually wakes after a few hours for her milk but drinks it whilst still half asleep.

5. Harveysmum369

Harveysmum369 Mrs Christmas

Harvey still has a drink of milk before bed.xx

6. moondrops

moondrops Call me Sally!

I would think it still fills them up, i know milk fills up up and i usually have to wait a while after LOs morning bottle before she has her breakfast. It doesn't fill her up for as long as formula though x

7. Bexivillian

Bexivillian Well-Known Member

Indie still has milk before bed and naps, she refuses to go to sleep without it :dohh:

8. HellBunny

HellBunny Guest

J just has a 5oz bottle around midnight, so i guess as a drink? He doesn't drink water at night he refuses it lol, so nighttime is the only milk he wants x

9. tu123

tu123 Well-Known Member

Despite Lil' not eating at the moment she still has a full 7oz at bedtime.

Protein and fat are the compounds that fill our satiety need. The like i use for Lil' at the mo' (follow on Hipp) is certainly full of this.

Dont think i am being much help tho!

10. Noirin

Noirin Well-Known Member

depends wat milk, if its ordinary cows milk then id say yh its just a drink, but if its the formula its more filling, since putin zak onto cows milk hes been eatin alot more xx