Milk Blister??

mandaa1220

Reaction score
After almost 4 months of breastfeeding, I'm just now starting to have any form of negative experience. I think I may have a milk blister or something along those lines? I'm so worried that it's going to ruin my breastfeeding relationship, so I really want to figure this out and make it better quick.

My left nipple, at the tip of it, there is a tiny white spot. I didn't notice until I went to nurse and it hurt when he latched on. It also hurts now even when he's not. It's not unbearable, but it's not normal or pleasant.

I don't know for sure it's a milk blister, but I don't know what to do to help it. I really don't want to risk ruining breastfeeding.

Ugh I've had a few of these on my right nipple. I'm not sure why they happen, but they really hurt! I've read it's from dried milk covering the opening of a duct or skin growing over it. When I get them, the duct gets plugged and I also get a hard spot in my breast where milk gets backed up. Now that I know what they are I treat them by heating the breast and nipple with a warm wet washcloth. Then when the skin is softened over the blister I take a needle I've sterilized in a candle flame and pop the blister. Then I nurse right after on that side. If the nursing isn't painful I know I've got it and the hard spot in my breast will drain. I've also read you can go to the doctor to have them do this for you as there is a risk of infection I guess. It seems to work for me though.

If you try to express milk from that breast the blister should stick out more from the milk behind it trying to be released. That's how I knew what mine were. Thrush is something else to consider... I've never had it but I've read they can be caused by that too if there are more than one. Other things I've read to try are rubbing it in the shower with a washcloth to try and get it to break open or softening it with olive oil on a cotton ball in a nursing pad between sessions then nursing to try. To get the milk to come through. They didn't work for me though

I'm doing better! I slept with a heating pad on it and had Kyle nurse on it a lot the next day. It's now looking and feeling much better.

That's great! Heating pads are great. I've got one too that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->