Milk drying up before period?!

Pink Petals

Reaction score
So last night was rough! We cosleep and LO was up half the night fussing at the breast and it seemed like he was getting little or no milk. I felt helpless, because he was obviously hungry.

It has been about a month since AF returned and I am expecting it again any day now. Is this why my supply dropped suddenly?

Is there anything I can do? My LO hasn't had a single drop of formula since birth. I am very proud of that and and want to keep it that way. :cry:

I noticed a drop the day before my period returned. The hormones are just fluctuating, and your supply will be back to normal in a day or so. Just allow him to cluster feed, try not to worry :)

I noticed that too when I first got my period back. I feel like it's not as bad now.

But I do have the most sensitive nipples ever when I ovulate. :( Ow!!

Yep I got that too... My supply went ridiculously low a day or two before AF, just keep feeding, then your supply will return to normal or even over supply due to the extra feedings.

I had to dip into my freezer stash when it happened to supplement coz I didn't wanna give her formula, then I would be hooked on the pump all day try to pump out what I used, kid you not, took me a whole day to get 100ml/4oz even with the skipped feed. It was hard work but sooo worth it :)

I noticed a slight drop too, but only for the first few cycles. After that, either it sorted itself out or I didn't didn't notice. Just let LO feed as he wants and it'll be fine - maybe a bit harder work for him but he won't starve and he's old enough to cope with a little less for a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->