milk drying up!!!!!

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
4 weeks ago I had my beautiful baby Matthew 6 and a half weeks early due to severe preeclampsia he's doing great and only spent 17 days in SCBU born at a tiny 3lb 11oz. I am expressing and currently feeding him EBM only and trying to establish BF which to be honest is difficult as he tires easily and cant be sure his wee mouth strong enough so go through alot of milk between expressing and BF in between. At first I was like 'cow' had to freeze lots of milk and constantly leaking but now I barely produce enough each day for the full day and only have a few frozen reserves I can use. Trying all the usual tricks to stimulate production i.e skin to skin, bf, having Matthew near by whilst expressing. i know there are certain herbal things known to stimulate production, anyone had any success and If so what would you reccommend, also I know this is a really dumb question but are they completly safe to use whie BF? Thanks ♥

drink lots of water and eats lots of oats and fenugreek(not together though lol!) :hugs:

The mw can give you medication when your milk drys up, my dried up after a few weeks what they told me to go is when you go to express take a pic of bubs with you and it helps your milk flow xx

Eat lots of almonds and avocado, i read that this can help with milk as well.

mine dried up quite alot , but then i started expressing 3 hourly without fail and its brought it up again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->