Milk supply has come back up, worried about MMC. UPDATED FIRST POST

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I'm 10 weeks +3 and still bf my two year old son. My milk supply was really rather low (he only feeds once a day at bedtime and if he wakes at night). However my supply seems to have come back up inexplicably, as he's not feeding more and doesn't take a lot when he does (he has a weak suck). I'm now panicking that if my supply has come back maybe I've had a MMC. I've had one before but earlier in pregnancy and I no symptoms. I still feel rather queasy but my nausea has settled down in the last couple of weeks. I have been sick in that time once though. I'm still absolutely shattered but my nipples aren't sore when I feed now, whereas they were before. I can't help the feeling that something might have gone wrong!

UPDATE

I had a scan today and all is looking good. Baby is measuring 12 weeks and one day!

I have no advice or experience but I just wanted to send a virtual hug. I hope everything turns out Ok.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this uncertainty. I wish I had some experience to share, but I've never breastfed while pregnant. (My girls are all very far apart.) However, my first impulse is to say that it's probably normal. Pregnancy can cause all sorts of breast changes in women who are not breastfeeding. (From tenderness, to no tenderness... and back to tenderness again-- plus random leaking!) I would think that fluctuations in supply probably fall under that realm. Not sure though. I definitely think it's worth getting checked out to hopefully put your mind at ease a bit. :hugs:

10 weeks is about when my boobs started to feel "full" again this pregnancy. I also notice I leak a lot more now. I just put it down to pregnancy hormones gearing up and doing what they're supposed to. I bfed my 2nd while pregnant with my 3rd for about 7 months and never had any nipple soreness, so I wouldn't worry too much

I've got no actual advice, breast feeding not my forte! But could it just be where your body is settling in with the changes and getting back to 'normal'. This is a complete guess but could it be because you are actively still breastfeeding so your supply has always been 'there' so now it's just gearing up again for the new baby? I hope youre ok xxx

I'm nursing my 3.75 year old daughter and I have noticed this too, but it's more in fluctuations it seems. Today my breasts feel a lot fuller, while others they seem really empty. One of my first symptoms was my breasts feeling empty so it is a little concerning. This is the first time I've been pregnant while nursing so I really don't know what to expect either.

I breastfed through a full term pregnancy and a MC at 10 weeks. I dont really have any specific advice but am happy to share my limited experience. I didnt really notice any fluctuations in suply, more of a gradual loss but I think everyones bodies react differently and breastfeeding and pregnancy is a crazy cocktail of hormones so it seems perfectly possible that it is normal for you. I didnt notice any sudden return of suply during the loss but my sickness did ease off a lot, which was my first clue things were not right.

I'm currently breastfeeding my 2 year old and my left side dried up ages ago, but as I entered into 2nd tri it's starting to get that milk coming tingle when DD nurses on my right or when she's crying - I would say it's quite possibly normal. Also, my nipples were never sore until recently when I developed thrush on them. Still no breast pain this time either (yay! *knock on wood*)

Sending you big hugs and hoping that all is well. Do you have your next appointment coming up soon?

Thank you everyone for your experiences and reassurance. Yes Mrs Dragonfly, I have a scan on Wednesday so fingers crossed!

That's fantastic superfrizbee, you must be relieved! Were you at Medway? Hope they didn't keep you waiting too long, my appointment last week was only an hour or so late!

That's fantastic superfrizbee, you must be relieved! Were you at Medway? Hope they didn't keep you waiting too long, my appointment last week was only an hour or so late!

Yes at Medway. They were ages, appointment was at 11.15am and we didn't come out until about 1pm! Still, at least all was well. Didnt get a decent nub shot though. How are you doing hun?

Yes at Medway. They were ages, appointment was at 11.15am and we didn't come out until about 1pm! Still, at least all was well. Didnt get a decent nub shot though. How are you doing hun?

I'm ok, still waiting for my harmony test results, could still be another week to wait for those. Keeping busy this week though, been painting dd room so keeping my mind occupied. Had a horrible pain around my ribs, not sure if it's caused by doing painting or from when I tried to wear an old maternity bra that was probably a bit tight, as the pain is right around at bra level.

I'm ok, still waiting for my harmony test results, could still be another week to wait for those. Keeping busy this week though, been painting dd room so keeping my mind occupied. Had a horrible pain around my ribs, not sure if it's caused by doing painting or from when I tried to wear an old maternity bra that was probably a bit tight, as the pain is right around at bra level.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Glad you're managing to stay busy. Perhaps a bit of ligament stretching going on around your ribs?

It seems to have eased off a it. I definitely need to get new bras, still wearing my normal ones. The maternity ones I have from before are just too tight round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->