Milk Tokens

BeckyBoo

Mum to 2
Reaction score
I have no idea to claim these. I didn't with my son. But now my partner is commission based work, we're entitled to more.

How do I go about claiming these please? Every little helps.

No idea! Thought they went out with the Tories decades ago along with milk in school, but then in Scotland it's probably way better than in England now! lol

If you mean the healthy start vouchers for milk or fresh fruit and veg.. My midwife gave me a form and signed it. Ask your midwife or doctor. Sorry if this isnt even what your on about!!

Yeah they are the healthy start/milk tokens, they will be sent to you if you claim certain benefits.
Asking the Midwife is the best option she will point you in the right direction to get the forms you need to fill in :D

I thought everyone was entitles to milk tokens not just people on benefeits? Hummmmph i want some lol

no you have to be on a low wage for milk tokens/ heathy eating tokens. and you only get them until the baby is 1 year old.

I got them while i was on Income support when i was on my own back in 2003 but i am not entitled for this baby as my OH is working and earns too much

You have to be on a low income or Unemplyed to recieve theese.
My partner is allso on Comission and we are intitled to theese , While pregnant you are intitled to a low set of Sure start Healthy tokens , Your midwife can stamp a form if you ask her for one .
Then once Baby is Born the amount on the tokens goes up (So to afford formula) You phone The number for the healthy start the number is on your tokens , They will note baby is born check with the family tax credits and the new ones of higher rate will start .
Hope this helps . xx .

I wasn't after them for pregnancy, but for baby formula.

Thanks all i think you've solved it!!!

Apparently I don't as my partner gets Working Tax credits. Ah well!!

the system is ridiculous, they penalise those who work hard and give more to those who ant be bothered to work

Ugh, me neither! So much for contributing to the economy.

The thing is, I'm not against people with little or no income getting help - god forbid if I ever ended up in that position, I know I'd need help too. But it's just that I've contributed tax and NI for the last 10 years and we're about to take a huge income cut but we're still not entitled to much help at all if any.

Ugh, me neither! So much for contributing to the economy.

The thing is, I'm not against people with little or no income getting help - god forbid if I ever ended up in that position, I know I'd need help too. But it's just that I've contributed tax and NI for the last 10 years and we're about to take a huge income cut but we're still not entitled to much help at all if any.

Same agree about helping low income families but working parents should get some assistance too. We do pay our way after all so would be nice to get something back even if its some measly milk tokens lol

Nope im not entitles either ... i reckon i'll give up work for a few years to try and get back some of what ive put into all these years lol

My partner is on Peace work (What he picks he earns) , Some weeks we barely have anything .
We were intitled to milk tokens , But iam not sure how it works .. He sorted it all lol . x .

We pay like £600-800 in tax a month, which is alot when it's commission based job and we get nothing back. Yes I claim tax and child tax credits, but they're not very high amounts. And the mortgage sucks all our money every month.

Also I can't breast feed, so it's not like some of the strain is taken off because I can provide my own milk. So looks like I may have to consider cows milk at 6mths old instead of follow on :(

It's a joke that we get penalised for working basically

the system is ridiculous, they penalise those who work hard and give more to those who ant be bothered to work

It's £3.00 or £6.00 a week. Yes for those on benefits but also for working families on low wages. Do you really begrudge them that small amount of money that they can only spend on formula, cows milk, fruit or veg?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->