Milk?

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
This is probably a silly question but this is my first pregnancy so I tend to ask lots of them......when will I begin producing milk? And when am I likely to see it?

Bx

You can start producing colostrum in second/third tri, thats your first milk then your milk begins to change around 3-5 days postpartum where it 'comes in':thumbup: Colostrum can be a yellowy/orange colour so dont be shocked if it doesnt look like how you imagine milk:flower:

You can start producing colostrum in second/third tri, thats your first milk then your milk begins to change around 3-5 days postpartum where it 'comes in':thumbup: Colostrum can be a yellowy/orange colour so dont be shocked if it doesnt look like how you imagine milk:flower:

This :thumbup: And also some women dont leak at all during pregnancy, so dont start worrying if you dont! x

I didnt start leaking until late into my 3d trimester and my milk actually did not "come in" for about 3 days after birth. I got the initial colostrum, but it took me a couple of days to get a reliable supply of the actual breastmilk going. So do not despair if it takes a few days, once my milk came in, I successfully breastfed my DD for a full year! :flower:

With my first baby, I had some colostrum for about a week in late third tri, and then it went away. Still, I BFed well and had great supply! This time, I'm almost 25 weeks and haven't seen any colostrum yet... My sister started leaking at 6 weeks with her first baby and never produced enough to BF successfully (gave up without trying for too long, though). So, I don't think the amount you produce now has anything to do with what BFing will be like - baby increases supply by suckling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->